Tuesday 29 December 2020

Celebration Lily

 Hi and welcome!  I am in the middle of a couple of weeks off work and also in the middle of a DT break, so thought I would make a card for a couple of challenges.  This is the first time I've entered any challenges since losing my son 18 months ago.  Card-making became a chore not an enjoyment and I only stuck at it because I was on a couple of design teams and didn't want to let anyone down.  I also knew that if I stopped stamping I probably wouldn't ever start again and I want that joy to come back.

Anyway, enough maudlin chatter.  I set the intention of doing some colouring while I was off work and this lily was the second image I've coloured in the last week.  I put it onto a card that would fit with the Any Occasion theme at Krafty Chicks and the Sparkle and Shine challenge at Simon Says Stamp.


Apologies for the darkness of my photos.  I'm using my iPhone instead of a digital SLR camera and still haven't sorted out the appropriate settings.

This is a slimline card.  Onto a pierced panel in white, I added a silver foil pierced panel and then a navy blue pierced panel I ran through my hot foil machine with the Diamonetta BG and some silver foil.  

The image is a Power Poppy digi and I coloured it with Copics and Prismacolor pencils before cutting it out with my Scan n Cut.  I added it to the card front with foam tape.




I finished the card with a stacked die-cut sentiment using white cardstock and silver foil.

Thanks for visiting.


Products used:

Stanps:  Alluring Lily digi (Power Poppy)
Cardstock:  White, Silver Foil. In the Navy (GinaK Designs), X-Press It, Silver Hot Foil
Dies:  Slimline Pierced Nested (The Ton), Celebrate (MFT), Diamonetta BG (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Copics, Prismacolor Pencils

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout our at Krafty Chicks.




6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, don't ever stop coloring! Your talent abounds - the detail, depth, and realism you achieve astounds me!
=]

Cindy H. said...

What a stunning card! Your coloring is fabulous!

Dawn T said...

so beautiful Karren. You certainly are a talented colourist. This lily is fabulous.

Nance said...

Gorgeous card! That navy blue background makes that pink flower pop so much! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge.

Barb Ghig said...

I'm so glad you stuck with cardmaking, Karren! You are incredibly talented and I think you may have missed it if you had let go...I know we certainly would have missed you :)

As always, your Copic coloring is stunning and I love the detail you added with your pencils! I also love how you added silver foil to your design...it's so elegant!

Linda Callahan said...

You have a gift my friend...you can make those colors sing. Some day I hope you find delight again in coloring......in the meantime I will delight in your coloring! Sending love my friend....