Thursday 14 January 2021

Mousey Note

 Our sketch hostess over at Freshly Made Sketches this week is Linda Callahan and I had such fun making this card.



I started with a Desert Storm card base, which I embossed with the Subtle embossing folder.  From there I die-cut the notebook page and stamped the lines with Sea Glass ink.  I then decided to add the wee mouse from Colorado Craft Company and quickly Copic-coloured it because it wasn't stamped onto Copic-friendly paper.  I adhered the notebook page to the card base and then put together the book using the Open Book die set.  The stamping comes from the Special Delivery set which I stamped with Espresso and Grapevine inks.  You will see the sentiment doesn't match the sketch but I didn't have room to put the sentiment at the bottom so had to modify the sketch slightly.



On all the pages and the cover of the book, I sponged some ink to give dimension and on the pages I rolled each side over my finger to round the pages out a bit.  Given that our sketch artist is a retired teacher and librarian, I thought this card was quite fitting for the challenge 😁



Thanks for visiting.  Please head over to the challenge blog and see wahat the rest of the DT have come up with.




I'm linking this up to the Animals challenge at The Male Room.






Products used:

Stamps:  Special Delivery, Noted (SugarPea Designs), Wishing Happiness (Colorado Craft Company)
Ink:  Espresso, Grapevine, Sea Glass (Altenew), Amalgam (Gina K Designs)
Cardstock:  Neenah Desert Storm, White, Whip Cream, Cranberry Cocktail, Hot Fudge (MFT), Translucent Vellum (Lawn Fawn)
Dies:  Open Book, Notebook Journal Card (SugarPea Designs)
Accessories:  Copics, Subtle Embossing Folder (SU)

Cheers
Karren



16 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Just as cute as can be! I love all of the elements and images that you combined together. That mouse is adorable.

I Card Everyone said...

So adorable, Karren!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Amazing! Those glasses on that book look real! I love this card! And oh that mouse is adorable!

Jen W. said...

Karren, I LOVE this take on the sketch! Its so clever and totally adorable!

LeAnne said...

Adorable!!!

Dawn T said...

totally awesome card Karren.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! what an awesome card, beautifully put together, it sure does tell a story. Thank you so much for joining us in our Animal challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

Christine Kiehl said...

Ok This is THE cutest card ever!!! Will it be up for sale? If so; I would love to purchase it!

Amy O said...

Adorable! I love this book die and how you've made the pages. And those glasses are so cool!

Barb Ghig said...

Super cute card, Karren! I love the little mouse and how you added texture to the card base! Great idea to place the reading glasses on the open book, too!

Jen Brum said...

Karren, this card is just fabulous! I love every bit of it! Those glasses, that book and that sweet little mouse! So perfect!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Karren this is so cute - I love it!!

Lady Joyful said...

This is a very cute design! The mouse is adorable. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Cécile RIBON said...

This is such a cute and fun card, Karren. I love each and every elements and they all come together so well.

Kate said...

This is so totally amazing!

Sari / Granne said...

Your layout and diecuts are awesome, and that mouse so super cute. Thank you so much for joining us in our Animal challenge at The Male Room. I hope to see you in our new Steampunk challenge.