Wednesday 27 October 2021

CASE Me a Christmas Card - Smooshed Poinsettia


Hi!  I'm thrilled to have been asked again this year to join Michelle Lupton in her annual CASE Me a Christmas Card challenge.  The premise of this challenge is that we each choose a card of the other's and CASE it, putting our own spin on it.

I went with a "get well soon" card made by Michelle and turned it into this Christmas card.  Scroll down to the bottom of this post to see the photo of Michelle's card, taken from her blog.





The elements I carried over to my card include the ink-smooshing technique, the peachy colour palette, the white embossing - although I did mine on the background and not the image, the floral theme and the black sentiment.



To make this card, I started by white embossing the background stamp onto watercolour paper and then smooshed various distress oxide inks onto watercolor cardstock, using an acetate sheet for the ink transfer.  I created a second smooshed panel for the poinsettia.  Once the panels were dry, I die-cut the poinsettia from the second panel and used some watercolor wash patterned paper for the leaves. I then used Coral Crush and Harvest Gold cardstocks to die-cut the tags and Harvest Gold for the centre of the flower.

I added the tags at an angle to provide a separation between the smooshing and also to add a bit more interest.  I then added the poinsettia and sprayed the petals and leaves with shimmer spray.  Finally I added the sentiment which was stacked three high.  

 

And now, here is Michelle's gorgeous card that I used as my inspiration.


Thanks so much for visiting.  Please make sure you head over to Michelle's blog and check out her card.  I can't wait to see which of my cards she has chosen and how she has adapted it.




Thank you, Michelle, for inviting me to join in once again.  This is such a great concept and I enjoy it every year.

Products Used:

Stamps:  Outline Merry Christmas BG (SSS), Wonderful Christmas (Waffle Flower)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark, Scattered Straw, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide Inks
Cardstock:  White, Bristol Smooth, Watercolor, Watercolor Wash Brights, Coral Crush (MFT), Harvest Gold (PTI)
Dies:  Perfect Poinsettia (MFT), Tag Me (Reverse Confetti), Wonderful Christmas (Waffle Flower)
Accessories:  Shimmer Spray, White EP

Cheers
Karren




5 comments:

Michelle Lupton said...

Just gorgeous - so lovely and unusual to see a poinsettia in orange tones! Thank you so much for being my guest 😊

Jen Timko said...

Love this CASE! Both cards are fabulous!

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Karren. Love your poinsettia and that background is perfect.

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous take on Michelle's card, Karren! Love your ink smooching and your color palette is gorgeous!

Linda Callahan said...

You and Michelle make a powerhouse team! Gorgeous card!