Thursday 24 February 2022

Gold Feather

Today's Freshly Made Sketch is brought to us by Cecile Ribon and I've departed from my usual white card base to come up with this card: 


I thought about using arrows like the sketch, but couldn't get the idea of a feather out of my mind, so 5 million feather designs later, I settled on this one.  The feather image is gold-embossed onto Dark Indigo cardstock and die-cut.  The sentiment (which I now notice is in the wrong place on the sketch!) is black hot-foiled and matted onto some cardstock I embossed with the same gold EP.


The card base is Sage Leaf which I ran through my Platinum 6 with the PTI Linen and Canvas plate.




Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the DT.

Products used:

Stamps:  Strength (Altenew)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Sage Leaf (Lawn Fawn), Dark Indigo (PTI)
Dies:  Strength (Altenew), Embossed Edge Square (Kat Scrappiness), Stylish Script TY & HP (Spellbinders), Canvas & Linen Cover Plate (PTI)
Accessories:  Antique Gold EP (SSS), Black Hot Foil

Cheers
Karren




10 comments:

Cécile RIBON said...

What a super classy take on the sketch, Karren! I totally love these feather images gold-embossed onto dark indigo. They certainly make a striking golden card. By the way, using feathers for the arrows was my first thought, too. I changed my mind seeing you've already done it. Hence no need to say, I love your card!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh the gold! Such an elegant card!

I Card Everyone said...

Your feathers tickly my fancy, Karren! Beautiful, and bling-worthy card!
Oh man... did I just see my next embossing purchase?? Probably ages old, right?
=]

Amy O said...

The gold touches are so regal and the feathers are a clever touch with the sketch. Fabulous card, Karren!

Dawn T said...

Just beautiful Karren. It's a beautiful card.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Hello Karren, thanks for choosing my card as your winner over at FMS last week xxx
This is really beautiful. I love the colour and that Linen look with a beautiful touch of gold. Very elegant.

Kim S said...

I love those golden leaves - so beautiful with the color combo!

Jen Mitchell said...

If I had 10c (had to research coins in NZ for this one) for every time I messed up the elements of the sketch I could retire from my job! I never even noticed until you mentioned it. I was too busy admiring the gold embossing and hot foil sentiment to notice!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the masculine feel of this design, Karren!

Judy Rozema said...

I had to laugh at your “5 million feather designs later” comment! Isn’t that the way? I love the card base color and that gold really takes it up a notch.