Saturday 25 March 2023

Cowboy Birthday

 Hi!  I had some time today to make a card just for fun, which doesn't happen very often!  I was intrigued by the colours at Color Throwdown so that was my starting point.  From there I decided to use the cute Saddle Up and Celebrate set from MFT Stamps for my card:


I coloured up the images using the CTD colors and die-cut them with the co-ordinating dies.  When contemplating how to have them on a card, I thought the tag theme at CAS on Friday would work well.  So I die-cut a couple of tags and on one, I added some patterned paper to give the images some background.  




I stamped the sentiment on the tag, added some twine and adhered the tags to a cream card base.




I'm also linking this up the the All Occasions challenge at Krafty Chicks and the No Toppings option at Seize the Birthday.






Products used:

Stamps:  Saddle Up & Celebrate, The Whole Herd (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K.), Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  Whip Cream (MFT), Enchanted Evening (PTI), X-Press It, Spooktacular, Grain & Grunge (Honey Bee Stamps)
Dies:  Saddle Up & Celebrate (MFT), Stitched Traditional Tag Stax (MFT), Tag Sale #3 (for the reinforcer) (PTI)
Accessories:  Copics, Bakers Twine, white gel pen

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Color Throwdown and Krafty Chicks

6 comments:

Dawn T said...

what a cute as card Karren. Great colouring.

I Card Everyone said...

Always a treat to see your fabulous Copic skills - but I have to ask: isn't EVERY card fun? lol This cowboy steals the rodeo!
=]

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning colouring Karren, and a fabulous card as a result - love that you mounted the image on a tag, an inspired way to showcase it
Blessings
Maxine

Nancy said...

It is always nice when you have some time to create for yourself and you feel like it too. LOL. I am going to predict that this is the winner at TCT! I am a cowgirl at heart so I adore this! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday, Karren!

Broni said...

What a cutie he is! And I love the glittery, gritty dirt!! Thanks for joining us this week at the Color Throwdown!

JoAnn said...

Love the cute cowboy and how you have placed him on the tag. Great design. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.