Saturday 4 March 2023

Gilded Leaves

 Hi and welcome!  Today's card was made especially for a few challenges and is the first card I've made that wasn't for a DT commitment for quite some weeks!

I was inspired by the sketch at Just Add Ink, the photo at Inspired By, the colours from Color Hues and the Elegant theme at Time Out Challenges.  (As an aside green and gold were my high school colours so not my favourite combination 😄)


I started with a white card base and then added the white embossed square die-cuts as well as the strip of white which was dry embossed with the Subtle embossing folder.  

For the leaves, I die-cut them from two different shades of green and then added Gilded Foundry Wax to the ends before heat-setting.  I arranged those on the card base and then added a stacked black hot-foiled sentiment.  

It was at this point I thought it looked a bit stark, so added two thin slivers of gold foil on either side of the vertical panel.  Finally, I finished with some green enamel dots and a heart.







Thanks for visiting!

Products used:

Cardstock:  White, Gold Foil, Prickly Pear, Jellybean Green (MFT)
Dies:  Leaf Mix (Altenew), Wonderful Sentiments (Pink Fresh), Embossed Squares (Kat Scrappiness)
Accessories:  Black hot foil, Subtle Embossing Folder (SU), Gilded Foundry Wax (Tim Holtz), Enamel Dots (Altenew and WPlus9)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout-out at Color Hues.

14 comments:

Fiona Bradley said...

Really love the gold elements on this card, Karen. Beautiful interpretation of the Just Add Ink sketch challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us.

Dawn T said...

You've taken the elements of the three challenges and made a stunning card Karren. Beautifully done!

Karen said...

I've always loved those die cut leaves, but you've used them in such a creative and lovely way that I'm inspired once again! All the elements of your design come together beautifully! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Kate said...

You are a woman after my own heart - I bought this set just before Christmas and I'm in awe of the possibilities it has! I love what you've done with it here and your use of the green and gold is wonderful (I'm an Aussie so these colours remind me of home)!
So glad you were able to take Time Out and get eleagant with us at Time Out Challenges! I look forward to seeing you in the gallery again soon!
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, I'm sure these shades are much more elegant than your high school colors were! lol
This is so gorgeous and truly elegant!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful and elegant card Karren - love how you have used the colours - they were my school colours also, so I understand why you are not that fond of them :)
Blessings
Maxine

Hannelie said...

This is so beautiful Karren ! I love everything about it!
Thanks for joining us at Color Hues !

~amy~ said...

Karren, this is so gorgeous. I love how you incorporated the gold. Thanks for joining us at the Inspired by Challenge.

Linda Callahan said...

All about the gold! Beautifully done!

JulieP said...

Wow! Gorgeous! I love the gold tipping to your leaves. I think you nailed both challenges beautifully. Thanks for playing with us at Color Hues!

Tina said...

Your card is so elegant! The white textures look amazing, and I love the pops of gold with the green (as any Aussie would, LOL). Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

Laurel said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for playing at IB!

cm said...

Ohmystars! Your card is stylish, elegant and all around gorgeous! So taken with the stylize leaves and your wonderful sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!
~carol

!neke said...

Echt een prachtige kaart !!!!
Groeten Ineke