Thursday 9 March 2023

Rainbow Bokeh

 Welcome to another challenge from the Freshly Made Sketches team where this week our hostess is Amy O'Neill and she has a fun sketch for us.

I went a big rogue but I hope you can still somewhat see the sketch in my card.


On a white panel, I masked off the edges then ink-blended Distress Oxide inks in a rainbow pattern.  Once that was dry, I used bokeh stencils and white pigment ink to create the circles.  I heat set the pigment ink and adhered it to a white card base then set it aside while I worked on the sentiment.

This is the negative of a black foil on white cardstock hot-foiled sentiment.  I stacked it three high and added it to the rainbow pattern.  I finished with a few white gems and called it done.


Thanks for visiting.  Please check out the many wonderful ways the DT have interpreted this sketch.




Products used:

Ink:  Picked Raspberry, Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Broken China, Wilted Violet Distress Oxide Inks, Unicorn White (Hero Arts)
Cardstock:  White
Dies:  Wonderful Sentiments Hot Foil and Dies (Pink Fresh)
Accessories:  Bokeh Stencils (Taylored Expressions), white gems (Honey Bee)

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh the bokeh dots (so fun to say) are fabulous against that beautifully inked backdrop! I love what you di with the sketch!

I Card Everyone said...

OH, bubbles!! well, that's what I'm seeing on your darling card!
=]

Amy O said...

I love your rainbow background and the subtle dots! A great way to use the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

This is delightful, Karren!

Jen Brum said...

Oh I'm so glad you went rogue! This is amazing! Those colours are gorgeous and the bokeh dots look perfect! Love that sentiment too!

Dawn T said...

Fantastic background Karren. And love the reverse foiled sentiment - perfect!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great interpretation of the sketch, Karren, and a fabulous card as a result. Love the bokah rainbow background, and how you used the negative of the foiling
Blessings
Maxine

Kim S said...

What a stunning background you created - it has such dimension!! So sweet behind the pretty black/white sentiment.

Jen Timko said...

I love the bokeh for this sketch and that rainbow background is really fantastic. Hmmm, the negative of the black foil. So what you are saying is that I actually have to use that black foil I got?!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This bokeh effect is absolutely stunning, Karren, it makes such an awesome take on the sketch.