Thursday 29 February 2024

Fishing Birthday

  Hi everyone and welcome.  It's time for a new sketch from the team over at Freshly Made Sketches and this week our sketch hostess is Jen Brum.  I used the sketch to make a birthday card for my father's upcoming 91st birthday.


I was guided by the Colour Cubes and also took a few minutes to plan out my card in the Trinity Stamps Cardmaking Sketchbook, which makes execution so much quicker!


This is a NBUS stamp and die set from Honey Bee Stamps.  I stamped, Copic-coloured and die-cut the images and then went to work on my background.  I embossed a green card-front-sized panel with the Castaway embossing folder, then lined up the brown strip to exactly match and ran that through the embossing folder.  The tiny sentiment was white heat-embossed onto a Jellybean Green strip and I added a copper metallic die-cut circle, onto which I added the images.






Thanks so much for visiting.  The DT have some gorgeous cards so I hope you'll head over and check them out.



Products used:

Stamps:  Fishing Legend (Honey Bee Stamps), Curio Labels (The Greetery)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K.) Versamark
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Forest (Spellbinders), Jellybean Green, Milk Chocolate (MFT), Copper Metallic
Dies:  Fishing Legend (Honey Bee Stamps), Infinity Circle Dies (Hero Arts)
Accessories:  Copics, White Embossing Powder, Castaway Embossing Folder (Spellbinders)

Cheers
Karren

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I left my Fishing Legend set with my friend to play with but totally understand why you would reach for it here, Karren! What a fantastic Sketch for it! LOve your colors - especially that Jellybean Green!
=]

Rosanne Mulhern said...

I love all the details you incorporated into this awesome card, especially the dry embossing panels. It's so wonderful that you'll be able to share it with your Dad.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is a SUPER masculine card, love the colour mix and the fab stamps and embossing.

Bobby said...

Your coloring is amazing, Karren, and I love the fishing theme of your card. Happy Birthday to your Dad.

Linda Callahan said...

I am not a fisherman but I love this card! The colors are perfect as is that embssing folder! Beautifully done! And your coloring is top notchas always - bet you were the best color-er in primary school!

Jen Brum said...

This looks like the perfect card for a fisherman! I love the embossing folder too! Great colour choices! Your dad is going to love it!