Thursday 1 February 2024

Pinecones

 Hi and welcome!  This week's Freshly Made Sketch hostess is Jennifer Timko and her sketch is below.  I made a Christmas card using this great sketch.


I am totally, totally over Christmas cards at the moment, but I had this panel already stamped, stenciled, coloured and die-cut so it wasn't too onerous to create another Christmas card. I had to mirror the sketch for the panel to work.  For the background I used Neenah Desert Storm cardstock die-cut with the Herringbone Parquet die by The Greetery.


After I'd put the card together I looked at the sketch and realised that (a) it was a square card; (b) it had an additional layer; and (c) the sentiment was adjacent to the circles.  In my original version, I had put the sentiment under the pinecones so had to carefully lift it and move it.  In lifting it, I damaged one of the pine needle images but an enamel dot covered that nicely.  Couldn't do anything at this stage about the lack of squareness or the layer, so it is what it is - we're pretty forgiving over at FMS!



Please head over to the FMS blog and check out how well (or how rogue😄) the rest of the DT did with this sketch.

Products used:

Stamps:  Glad Tidings (Honey Bee Stamps)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K.), Versafine Onyx Black, Moss, Green Onyx, Olive, Velvet, Crimson, Espresso (Altenew)
Cardstock:  Desert Strom (Neenah), Whip Cream, Jalapeno Popper (MFT), Forest (Spellbinders)
Dies:  Glad Tidings (Honey Bee Stamps), Herringbone Parquet (The Greetery), Embossed Edge Circles (Kat Scrappiness)
Accessories:  Glad Tidings stencils, Clear EP, Enamel Dots, Copics

Cheers
Karren 


10 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great save, looks marvellous, lovely background and colouring. x

I Card Everyone said...

This pine bough is just too pretty to not get used, Karren - lovely as part of Jen's Sketch - square or not!
LOve that parquet wood panel!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty take on the sketch, Karren!

Linda Callahan said...

Very pretty! And way to get crackin'on holiday cards!

kiwimeskreations said...

what a great sketch, and just quietly, I love how you were inspired to use it
How many of our 'oops' are covered by embellishments :)
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Awesome card Karren. Of course the sketch is just a kicking off point! You've done great,

Jen Brum said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card Karren! I Love those pine cones and boughs! They're so pretty! That background is so lovely as well! I am also so over Christmas cards!! I am glad to hear I'm not alone!

Jen Timko said...

Clearly I'm off in rogue land so you know I'm in love with this. One of my favorite sets from this year and I haven't used it nearly enough. Glad you did!

Cécile RIBON said...

What an amazing Christmas card, Karren! I love this gorgeous pine bough, fabulous coloring!

Kim S said...

I love how you used the circles as a background to the pinecones! Such a gorgeous card!