Thursday 23 October 2014

And I Ran...

So, in thinking of a title for this post, my first thought was A Flock of Seagulls (you'll see why in a minute).  That immediately made me think of the 80's band of the same name and from there to their hit song "I Ran", hence the title of this post :)  And for anyone wanting a blast from the past, here's a link to the official video on YouTube.  You're welcome ;)

Anyway, enough blathering.  Here's this week's sketch for Freshly Made Sketches.  Our hostess this week is Jen Mitchell, the Queen of the Clean Splatter :)


And, just so you can make sense of that first paragraph, here's my card:


This is an old image from PSX which I just adore. I colored it with Copics, even using the colorless blender to move some color - which actually worked this time!  The panel was mounted onto Pool Party cardstock then onto the card base.  The sentiment is from Verve and the little baby starfish behind the sentiment is from WPlus9.


Thanks for visiting. Be sure to check out the Freshly Made Sketches blog and see the wonderful samples from the rest of the amazing design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  PSX G2891, Happy Hello (Verve), Guiding Light (WPlus9)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Dark Chocolate, Goldenlocks (SSS)
Cardstock:  White, Pool Party
Accessories:  Copics, circle punches

Cheers
Karren

15 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

While I listen to the song (thanks for the trip into the past) I am admiring your card. Love the perfectly colored image and the starfish behind the sentiment! It makes me so happy to see even Design Team members use older stamps and not only the newest and trendiest ones! Thanks

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Yep, this is a great image, Karren, and you colored it beautifully. Great detailed image on a clean and crisp card. Keep running... :)

Linda Callahan said...

Your coloring is amazing! This is beautifully done - and so well put together! Love it!

Hannelie said...

Karren I really admire your coloring!
Thanks for this beautiful inspiration!

Lyn said...

Gorgeous card awesome colouring <3

Jen Mitchell said...

Well, I've got to admit that I saw the title of this post in my Inbox and immediately started singing this song in my head! And that was before I popped on over here and reminded myself of your beautifully colored seagulls. You're going gang busters with those Copics and I love it!

Amy O said...

Coloring that image would have scared me to death, but you've done it beautifully! You look like a Copic pro! I especially love how you've colored the blue sky -- that is so hard to do. Beautiful card, Karren!

Rita W said...

Gorgeous coloring! I love all the white space that lets your image stand out too.

Jen Brum said...

Such a great card Karren! Love the image and of course you've done a fabulous job with the colouring! The image looks so amazing against that white!!!

Greta said...

Oh this is beautiful, Karren--wonderfully colored!

Toni said...

Lol--great reference to my fav song ever and great card!

Cindy Hall said...

Oh my gosh! You are already the guru of coloring! This is so pretty and the colors you chose are so perfect for the scene. Really, really gorgeous card, Karren!

Cindy Lovell said...

I love this image and WOW,Karren...your coloring is amazing!!! You did a fabulous job!!! Awesome card!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my! LOVE this card Karren! Your colouring is perfect - it look like a printed scene. You have mastered that copic class.

Daria said...

This is beautiful! Your coloring is wonderful. TFS. Daria