Sunday 5 October 2014

Panda Love

Hi, here's another card I made on World Cardmaking Day.  I used the sketch from Fusion and the monochromatic theme at Colour Me to come up with this card:



I used a new-to-me set called Pandamonium, which has the most adorable little pandas.  I used the bow-tie from the Honey Bunny set to class up my panda a bit, because of course he's out to impress his lady friend :)  I lightly colored him with a cool gray copic marker to give him some shading.  I then covered him in Wink of Stella.

The envelope was stamped and colored on a white panel then I stamped the sentiment and cut around both.  

The background is colored embossing paste and the Tim Holtz Rays stencil.  It represents the square element on the sketch.



Thanks for visiting.  I hope you had a wonderful and creative World Cardmaking Day!  Because I'm using Mama Elephant stamps, I'm also entering this card into their October Anything Goes challenge.  NB:  I also just realised that I originally chose a love theme for the Curtain Call challenge, so I'm linking up there as well.  








Products used:

Stamps:  Pandamonium, Honey Bunny (ME)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Calypso Coral
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Calypso Coral
Accessories:  Rays Stencil (Tim Holtz), embossing paste, circle stitched mats (Lil Inkers),Wink of Stella, Copic R22, C1

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Curtain Call and Fusion.

16 comments:

Lyn said...

Gorgeous <3

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cool!!

~amy~ said...

seriously? how cute is this?!!!!
Thanks for joining us at FUSION!!

Claire Broadwater said...

This is adorable, Karren! I love the stenciled background and the little panda! Thank you for joining us at Colour Me...! this week! XX

Anonymous said...

Isn't he just perfect in his little bow tie! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

Lyndal said...

Fab use of the sketchKarren, love this cute ME panda! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION, hope to see you again soon :)

Michelle said...

Ooh, I love this card, Karren! I am in a longstanding love affair with Pandamonium, and adore seeing new ways that these guys can shine! :-) Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

Unknown said...

Ohhhh, just awesome how you paired the Panda with our challenge colors :)

Thank you for playing along with us at Colour Me…! this week!

Julia
CMCC Design Team

Sherrie M. said...

Love your cute little panda. Gonna have to check out that set. Thanks for joining us at Colour Me.....! this week and hope to see you again soon!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a super cute card Karren. Love the sweet panda image and the rays behind the circle. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge this week.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love the rays and cuteness!! Yay for joning us at FUSION!!!

Lea Lawson said...

This is super cute! Love the stamped rays! Thanks for joining us at the ME & Me monthly challenge!!

Amy Sheffer said...

So darling! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

Marisa said...

Darling. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call.

Darnell said...

Way to combine all these challenges with your adorable card, Karren! Congratulations on the HM honor from Fusion!! Hugs, Darnell

Lorraine Marasigan said...

Such a happy and clever card. Thanks for playing along with us at Mama Elephant & Me:)