Tuesday 14 October 2014

Dear Santa

Welcome to my Merry Monday post.  Today, LeAnne is challenging us to create a Silent Night aspect to our card.  


I took inspiration from the photo and created this card:


It even has a church in the background LOL.  This is a stamp called Dear Santa by Stamps Happen and is a scene painted by the artist D Morgan.  I've got a couple of her scenes which have been made into rubber stamps and they are gorgeous!

For this image, I stamped and clear-embossed before coloring with distress inks.  I put little dabs of distress paint onto the trees to depict snow and when the piece was dry, I painted over the whole thing with Wink of Stella.  I think the scene looks incredibly peaceful and quiet.  Here's a close up:


Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the beautiful inspiration from the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Dear Santa (Stamps Happen)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark, various Distress Inks
Cardstock:  Midnight Muse, Watercolor paper
Accessories:  Clear EP, Wink of Stella, Picket Fence Distress Paint

Cheers
Karren

15 comments:

LeAnne said...

Karren, I am IN LOVE with this sweet, sweet card! I love D Morgan's designs, but to see a Christmas one like this just sent me back to being a 5YO on Christmas eve! SO special and you've colored it so beautifully as well! Pin-worthy for sure!

Brian King said...

Karren, What a super-sweet image and sentiment. A beautiful card!

Sarah G said...

What a fantastic image, Karren - perfect for this challenge and stamped so beautifully!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a beautiful stamp image Karren and your coloring is fabulous!

Jen Mitchell said...

It certainly does look peaceful and quiet. I saw that challenge and ran for the hills! In my family Christmas tends to be the exact opposite of Silent Night!

Katie Melhus said...

What a gorgeous image and I love what you've done with it!

Notes by Nina said...

Love it Karren, this is such a great CAS card. A little bird said it was a special day today.. Happy Birthday :).

Bonnie said...

Wow! What a stamp! I love this sweet letter to Santa and the quiet, peaceful scene!

Wendy said...

This is adorable, Karren! Love your beautifully colored image! Perfect for this week's challenge! :)

Greta said...

This is beautiful, Karren!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such a beautiful card - love the poem!!

Deanne :)

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

What a remarkable card and fabulous image!

Ellen said...

Great, great, great. I have no words, such a wonderful card! And the stamp is fantastic. Thanks for this absolutely great inspiration!

Have a nice weekend! Ellen

Kristie Goulet said...

This stamp is amazing, Karren! LOVE this!! Hope you have had a great week.

Nancy Guse said...

Karren your card is beautiful, love your coloring! Great stamp set for this challenge.