Thursday 2 October 2014

Serene Scene

Hi and welcome to Freshly Made Sketch Challenge Day!  This is the day where you get to feast your eyes on some amazing cards made by my team-mates on the Freshly Made Sketches design team.  And this week, our challenge hostess is the incomparable Narelle Farrugia.  Check out her sketch:


Is this not an awesome sketch?  Here is my interpretation of it.  


As you can see, I used stamping for the two horizontal elements.  I stamped the two images onto Xpress-it cardstock and selectively colored them.  The sentiment is embossed with Pool Party EP but is very hard to see.  In hindsight, I wish I had used a darker color.

The shell was covered with Glossy Accents after being colored and is stuck on with dimensional tape.

I hope you've enjoyed this masculine birthday card.  Head on over to the FMS blog to check out the fabulous work of the design team.

Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  Seaside Greetings (CTMH), Stipple Shells (SU), Happy Birthday (Verve)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  Soft Sky, Xpress-it
Accessories:  Copics, Lil Inkers Stitched Mats dies, Pool Party EP, Glossy Accents, circle Nestabilities

Cheers
Karren




15 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Amazing......just amazing....love how you stamped the elements of the sketch! Such a pretty scene!

Ingrid said...

Such a gorgeous card! I just love it. :)

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for the inspiration!
:) Marie

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous gorgeous scene! Love the way you stamped the lighthouse "in the back" though its not! Beautiful card!

Jen Brum said...

Wow! This is beautiful Karren! I love it! Reminds me of the coast in Myrtle Beach!!! Great colours! Love your take on the sketch!

Jen Mitchell said...

I can see the sentiment just fine. And what a gorgeous scene! It looks like a nice place - I wish I was there!

Amy O said...

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me -- how you could come up with this beautiful scene from this sketch and make it work perfectly is beyond me! Wow!

Stampingcountry said...

What a cheery card! Great scene.

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! A fabulous scene you have creative here...so nicely done!

Narelle Farrugia said...

On my goodness this card is amazing!!! The scene you've created is so clever and life-like. I adore everything about this card Karren!

Kelly S. said...

ACK, what an amazing scene! A totally unique and wonderful take on the sketch, LOVE!

Cindy Lovell said...

Oh WOW,this card is perfect Karren!! I love the image and i think the sentiment looks just great with the ink you've used!!

Jen Timko said...

This scene is so incredibly cool! Such a great take on the sketch!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is amazing! I love it!

Kim S said...

Lovely scene - wonderfully fresh and clean!