Friday 3 October 2014

Fall Leaves

Hi and welcome back to my blog.  Today I have a card I made using the colors from Color Throwdown and the sketch from Fab Friday.  


I hope the leaves are orange enough to meet the criteria at Color Throwdown.  They started out orange but I toned them down using some brown inks.

The card base was stamped with the text stamp from the Papillon set using Crumb Cake ink, then I sponged Smoky Slate ink over a notebook stencil before sponging the edges of the card with Crumb Cake ink.

The leaves were watercolored using various orange-y distress inks before sponging with brown inks.  I popped them up on the card base using dimensional tape then glued on a bow with long tails (for the banner elements in the sketch).

So, in summary, a little bit of a departure from both challenges :)

I used the same stencil on the inside.





Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  Papillon (Stampers Anonymous), Fantastic Foliage (SU)
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate, various distress inks
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, watercolor
Accessories:  Hemptique black twine, American Crafts stencil

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Ellen said...

Hi!
Really cool, 2 challenges in 1 card. I love the laves, they are really beautyful.
Many greetings, have a sunny day! Ellen

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous, elegant simplicity! The leaves are fabulous, and I love the notebook paper background.

Amanda Mertz said...

Gorgeous! I love the different layers on the background....I never would have thought of Smoky Slate but it really looks great! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Notes by Nina said...

Love this card Karren, the background is fantastic and your leaves are beautiful.

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow, I am in love with this card! The leaves are amazing and I love how they look on your vintage background. I had to pop on over to SCS to check out the Fantastic Foliage stamp set. I can't imagine why I don't own that!

Vickie Z said...

Love those leaves and the background is wonderful!! Thxs for playing with us!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Beautiful! I love how you've given those leaves life!

Jen Timko said...

Gorgeous! The perfect fall card!

Wanda Cullen said...

Fabulous CAS design and love that you finished it inside to match! Always happy to see your creations in the throwdown gallery!

Broni said...

What a great way to use the colors! Love the CAS design! So glad you joined us for the Color Throwdown challenge this week!

stampingshanni said...

Terrific base card and leaves Karren! Think that you have met both challenges beautifully! Popped over via FabFri#51 for a peek. Cheers

Brenda Myers said...

Very cool card!! I love the background!! And yor leaves are pretty!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!