Friday 31 October 2014

Bloom and Grow

Hi!  It's a beautiful, still Spring evening here and I've just been outside cutting some roses for inside.  A perfect Friday evening!  

Today's card uses the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch, albeit flipped from landscape to portrait.  


I have to admit that I took one or two liberties with the sketch - the vertical panel is wider on my card and the horizontal panels are flowers and a sentiment!  I hope the DT can still see the sketch :)

The background watercolored panel is layered behind the card base using foam tape to give added dimension.  The flowers were stamped on the card base and then the vertical panel was cut around it, a la Maile Belles.  The centers of the flowers were painted with clear Wink of Stella to give a nice, subtle shimmer.


Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  Bloom & Grow (Verve)
Ink:  Soft Navy, Maliblue(?) (SSS), Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  White, watercolor
Accessories:  watercolor paints, sequins, rhinestones, Wink of Stella

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Ellen said...

Well done! I love the colors!
Perfect! Have a nice day! Ellen

debs2107 said...

Great use of your colors

Unknown said...

I love your take on the sketch. Karen x

Marika said...

I can see the sketch! :) Very well, in fact! Beautiful card and I love your watercolour background!

Jen Mitchell said...

Ooh, this is pretty! The watercolored background is quite beautiful behind those flowers!

Stampingcountry said...

What a fabulous card! Love all the blue and green hues and the sequins.

Lyndal said...

LOve the background strip against the flowers Karren! SO happy to see you at CAS(E) this Sketch :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Another gorgeous card using a stamp set I've never seen you use before. Don't know how you keep track of them all!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I love your take on the sketch

donna mikasa said...

Love how you interpreted the sketch! Gorgeous card!