Wednesday 22 October 2014

Hedgie Baby

Hi and welcome back to my second post today.  This card is for the current challenge at Less is More, who are asking for a Little Creatures card.

I had to do a bit of searching to find any little creatures in my stash, but finally came up with this old Penny Black stamp of a baby hedgehog and thought it would suffice.


This is effectively a one layer card as the frame is inlaid using the frames die from Simon Says Stamp.  I didn't have any lemon cardstock so colored the frame outline using the Lemon Chiffon inkpad.

I stamped and colored the hedgie using Copics then put all the card pieces back into the card base.  A few enamel dots finished off the card.



Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  In a Nutshell (Penny Black), Sweet Little Sentiments (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Lemon Chiffon (SSS)
Cardstock:  White
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Enamel Dots

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Patrice said...

Awwww I miss cute little hedgehogs living in Australia. I used to see them all the time at home in Chch.

Your card is super cute, love how you dealt with having no lemon c/s and the blue shading around the hedgie is perfect! x

Hannelie said...

So CUTE!
I love your coloring.... and clever framing!

Karen Dunbrook said...

love it!! so cute....

Linda Callahan said...

Total absolute sweetness!

Anne said...

Karen what a very cute card and image, I like the touches of yellow
Thanks for joining us at LIM this week
Anne
Less is More Designer

Rita W said...

Oh my heavens. This is so sweet! You are rocking the Copics my friend.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Oh delightfully cute Karen and perfectly coloured.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Karen that little hedgehog is adorable! I love your beautiful colouring too.

Marika said...

Lovely! Very nice coloring!

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry my visit is a little late this week!
This is a real sweetie!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"