Saturday 4 October 2014

New Baby

Today I made a card I don't often make - a baby card!  I'm entering it into both Just Add Ink to Just Add Baby and Addicted to CAS who have a key word of "Cuddly".

I've been taking the Copic Markers for Cardmakers course and this card features a lot of coloring.


This card is a United Nations of stamp manufacturers LOL.  The teddy is from SU, the balloons are from Mama Elephant and the sentiment is from PTI.

I colored the teddy with copics then added texture with colorless blending solution before cutting him out.  The balloons were stamped onto the white panel and colored in rainbow colors. The panel was cut out with some of the balloons outside the rectangle.  Everything was mounted with dimensional tape and the top left corner was rounded because there just seemed to be too much white!



Because I'm also linking this up to the Online Card Class gallery, I'll list the copics I used:

Teddy:  E25, E27, E29, E57, E59, YG21, YG23, YG25
Balloons:  R27, R29, YR65, YR68, YG23, YG25, V15, V17, BG05, BG07, Y15, Y18

Thanks for visiting.


Products used:

Stamps:  Teddy & Train (SU), Up and Away (ME), Boutique Borders Baby (PTI)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Lucky Limeade, Xpress-it
Accessories:  Copics, Wink of Stella, Corner Chomper, Stitched Rectangle Die

8 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

You've nailed both challenges Karren, it's super cute and very cuddly! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Kylie said...

Your colouring is coming along tremendously! Such a cute and cuddly card. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Too cute! Go you on nailing those balloons. I got sick of colouring the class ones after just doing two (told myself I was an expert already!).

Jodene said...

This card is so adorable Karren, and your colouring is great! Love the texture on the bear and the balloons look so effective. Thanks for joining us over at Just Add Ink this week :)

Christine Blain said...

What a fun, bright, baby card Karren! Your colouring is awesome. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. x

Anonymous said...

Great colouring. I really like how you have done the balloons. Chantell JAI

stampingshanni said...

Stunning colouring Karren and I love the balloons! Awesome card. Thanks for popping by my blog. I am so pleased that I have found yours. Cheers