Thursday 16 October 2014

Yellow Flowers

Such an original blog post title, wouldn't you agree?  Anyway, welcome to another sketch from the Freshly Made Sketch Challenge.  Today, our very own super-talented Dirty Girl (and past Artisan winner), Jen Timko is our hostess.

Isn't this an elegant sketch?  Here's what I did with it:


This flower was one of my practice ones from the recent Copic Markers for Cardmakers class I took.  I cut it out to use on a card, then had to try and match the colors to cardstock I had!  I ended up using my second-most hated SU color - Garden Green.  For the record, my most hated SU color is Rich Razzleberry - sorry, lovers of Rich Razzleberry and Garden Green :)

Anyway, I couldn't find a matching yellow so decided to make my own by using the Direct to Paper technique with Squeezed Lemonade ink.  Not a bad match!


The sentiment was white embossed and came out a bit blotchy for some reason - maybe my Versamark pad needs re-inking.  The little scallop was cut using the large scallop frame from Simon Says Stamp's frames dies.  The flowers and leaves were painted with Wink of Stella.

So, after all that, thanks for visiting and make sure you check out the inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Flower (Clearly Besotted), Summer Garden (SSS)
Ink:  Versamark, Squeezed Lemonade
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Xpress-it, Garden Green
Accessories:  Copics,Wink of Stella, white EP, Frames die (SSS)

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Not a Garden Green fan either but you definitely made it work! Your flower is gorgeous!

Patrice said...

Simply beautiful Karren - your colouring is perfect. Lol I'm not a fan of GG either, but it certainly looks good here! x

Jen Brum said...

Amazing card Karren! Love those yellow flowers! They are so cheery and are so beautifully coloured! Looks like you aced that class! The green is a great coordinating colour! I can't believe you hate Rich Razzleberry...that's almost shameful!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is absolutely gorgeous and I would hardly call it practice. You look like you've mastered the whole coloring thing! And I sort of agree with you about the colors. I don't hate Garden Green but it's so blah I don't see the point in having it and Rich Razzleberry is downright weird. :)

Ellen said...

That's really elegant! I love it, simple and beautiful! Compliment!
Greetings! Ellen ❤️

Cindy Lovell said...

Your card is perfect,Karren!! Even though you don't like it,you made it work like you would!! Great job!!
And now,seeing this CB flower on your card...i think i'll need it now!! It's one of the few Set's i don't own yet! Well,i think it will change soon! Love how you've used it! And your coloring is amazing!!

Deepti said...

So elegant, clean and pretty :)

Chris H. said...

I don't care for garden green either...but hey, whatever matches, right??? Great image. So crisp, clean. Beautiful!

Greta said...

Great use of the sketch & lovely coloring!

Becca Cruger said...

Really lovely coloring! The clean lines really make the colors pop!

Cindy Hall said...

Love this bright and beautiful card! Your coloring skills are amazing!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely beautiful! You've totally nailed this colouring class!

Jen Timko said...

Ok, so you actually made this green look great! I pulled it out a few weeks ago and no. Not so much! Such a pretty flower. Perfect for the sketch!