Tuesday 7 October 2014

Autumn Silhouette

Today's card uses the Autumn theme from both Less is More and Sweet Stampin' as well as Retro Sketches' pick a sketch week.  I went with RS#14 which is one of my favorite layouts.


I created my card by masking off a vertical panel then sponging various distress inks.  Once I was happy with the sponging, I flicked water over the panel before removing the mask and stamping the flower image and sentiment from a STAMPtember set by Simon Says Stamp designed by Darkroom Door.

Here's a close up:


This is the sketch I used.


Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  Warm Wishes (SSS)
Ink:  Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge Distress Inks, Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Whisper White

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Sid said...

Loving your bold strip with the silhouette !! I have also become your latest blog follower !

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Love that strikingly colourful Autumnal panel Karren and the image is perfect. Great card
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Ellen said...

Hi! I love the silhouette, too! Really lovely! And so nice colors!
Have a nice evening! Ellen

Kim S said...

Beautiful!

Chrissie said...

This is simply super!
Great autumn colours!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Karren what lovely inking!
Thanks so much for joining us in our autumn challenge
Anne
LIM Designer

Bonnie said...

I love this bright inked panel so perfect with the black silhouette flowers! I wish I could get the hang of the sponging and flicking of water. Last try the sponging was better but the flicking was a disaster!

Cathy said...

Hi Karren, your inky panel looks stunning with the floral silhouette, beautiful CAS card, Cathy x

mixamatoasties said...

That is just beautiful.

Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin'

Susan

Sammy said...

Such a beautiful CAS design! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Greta said...

One of my all-time favorites, Karren--gorgeous work!