Sunday 26 March 2017

A Blog Hop for Lesley

Hi and welcome to this very special blog post.  We are having a blog hop for Lesley Croghan!  Now I'm sure most of you know Lesley - creator of gorgeous cards and fabulous challenges.  Lesley offered me a spot on my first ever design team, Merry Monday, then a spot on the SugarPea Designs Challenge Team, then a spot on Fusion and a spot on Inspired by all the Little Things.  So I have a lot to thank Lesley for.

Lesley and Corey, along with Rolley and Penney (their furbabies) are having a baby girl and we want to show them how happy we are for them.  A group of us each made a card and sent it to the wonderful Lori Turner and she collated everything and sent it on to Lesley.

Here is the card I made:


I was looking through my stamps for a suitable image for a baby card when I saw this wood-mounted Penny Black stamp I have had for years.  It just seemed perfect to me, so I stamped and colored it with Copics.

Once that was finished, I worked on the card base.  I adhered some watercolor wash patterned paper down the right hand side of the card base and then a scalloped border die-cut.  The die-cut sentiment is from Paper Smooches and foiled in gold.  Here are a couple of photos from different angles.



I even decorated the inside of this card, which is unheard of for me 😊


Thanks so much for visiting.  Please head on over to Lori's blog and see all the other cards created for this special occasion.  And don't forget to leave Lesley some love and good wishes on her blog, too.

Huge thanks to Lori for organising this and to Nance for the fabulous blog badge.

No automatic alt text available.




Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Wow this is one amazingly gorgeous card! I adore this bunnies!

Nance said...

Fabulous, gorgeous, adorable! So love that image! Thanks for joining the hop and helping to surprise Lesley!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a super sweet image. Someday Little Miss Croghan might be a ballerina indeed!

lostinpaper said...

Super sweet card with magical colouring Karren!

kareN stampZ said...

simply adorable

Nancy said...

This is gorgeous! Love your coloring Karren and the gold congrats! Well done!

Barb Ghig said...

Awww...this is such a darling card, Karren! Beautiful Copic coloring on the little girl and I love your foiled sentiment! Leslie is definitely going to love it!
Sounds to me like she spotted your amazing talents and has given you lots of wonderful opportunities! Way to go, my friend!!!

Lesley said...

Wow this is so pretty and your colouring is spot on! Thank you so much, Karren for your friendship and passion! I adore "working" with you! xo