Thursday 23 March 2017

Fireside Chair

Welcome to another sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches, where this week our hostess is the lovely, witty and talented Dirty Girl Linda Callahan.


I love wide-open, CAS sketches like this one and knew immediately what I was going to make:


Yes, a newspaper-reading squirrel!  How cute is that!

I flipped the sketch so my chair was facing into the fireplace, but other than that I stuck to the sketch.  The fireplace was stamped directly onto a pierced white panel and colored with Copics.  The sentiment was stamped underneath the fireplace.  The chair and squirrel were stamped on scraps and cut with the co-ordinating dies.  I then cut a slit in the chair so I could tuck the squirrel into the seat which was then popped up on foam tape before being added to the panel.  

The panel was then adhered to a white top-folding card base and my card was done!



This is such a wide-open sketch that I predict we'll get a full gallery this week, so head on over and check it out.  While you're there, take a look at the fabulous cards created by the design team.

I'm linking this card up to the CAS challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Thanks for visiting.




16 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Oh my gosh, this is hilarious!!! That squirrel... The coloring is incredible as always.

Susi said...

OK, not sure about your weather, but where I am, we're experiencing an unusually cold day. So is it any wonder I wish it were ME sitting fireside rather than your adorable squirrel? :-) Lovely card.

Linda Callahan said...

Sooo warm and cozy! And let me tell you getting a squirrel in your house around here is not as cute as this! They are crazy critters! Your coloring is so wonderful.....love this!

My Paper Cat said...

Such a great image and your layout is perfect.

Stampingcountry said...

Your coloring looks so real! Very impressive!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, what a FUN take on the sketch! Your squirrel reading the newspaper cracks me up, and your Copic coloring is just beautiful! I love how you add dimension to the images with your shading...sure wish I could do that :)

Brent Scheffer said...

The color gradients on the squirrel, fireplace, and chair are stunning! The black mortar lattice really enhances the fireplace! Fun card!

Amy O said...

Such a cute, cozy scene! Love this fun card, Karren!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is fabulous Karren! I love the scene you've created - it's a perfect take on the sketch!

Aileen said...

Karren you never cease to amaze me with your clever ideas and beautiful cards. Love how you have done this and the depth of the colouring. Wonderful

Jen Brum said...

Oh my, this is just too cute! I love that squirrel reading by the fire! Amazing colouring as always! Super fun!

ElizStewart said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Jen Mitchell said...

Well, what is more fun than a newspaper-reading squirrel all comfy and cozy in a wing chair by the fire? Nothing!! Love this!

Lynn Hoyt said...

Such a wonderful, warm card. Made me want to pull up a chair and sit in front of the fire.

Creative world said...

Stunning CAS card...awesome coloring and fantastic little scene...thank you so much for joining us at ATSM challenge,hope to see you again
Zeljka DT xx

Tanja said...

such an adorable little scnene - thanks for sharing your project at Addicted to Stamps and More