Friday 3 March 2017

Time to Celebrate


Hi!  It's time for another Fusion challenge, so have a look at the newest inspiration and sketch:



My card didn't come out how I wanted, but I spent way too much time on it, so decided to call it quits and leave it as it was.


I created the panel on the right using a stencil and several distress inks.  After stenciling with blue inks, I moved the stencil and sponged on some Pumice Stone ink.  I mounted that panel onto a layer of Midnight Muse cardstock and adhered it to a Soft Stone cardbase.

A sentiment and some stamped stars finished off the card.


The DT have some gorgeous cards to show you how it's meant to be done, so head on over and check them out!


Thanks for visiting.


Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Well I don't know what you wanted, because this card is FAB! I love the dual sponging of the stenciled letters!

Petra Swart said...

I think this is fabulous, Karren!!!! Love that stenciled panel and the sentiment really looks great!!!! A perfect masculine card!!!! Love it!!!!
Have a great weekend!!!
Hugz

Viv said...

Love how you stamped that panel Karren,and the sentiment and die just completes it so well too ;) hugs Viv xx

Kara Lynne said...

This is a wonderful card, Karren! That stenciled background strip is fantastic and it's a great combination of both the sketch and photo!

Linda Callahan said...

Love love love how you stenciled the letters twice! Beautifully done!

Rosemary said...

super cool card, karren!! love that stenciled background!

Barb Ghig said...

Well, I think your card turned out amazing, even if it's not as you had planned it! I love how you combined the sketch and inspiration photo, and how you layered your stencil! Awesome color combo, too!