Thursday 16 March 2017

All Star Birthday

It's time for another sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is the fabulously talented Rita Wright.  Check out her multi-layered sketch:


At the time I was making my card using this sketch, I needed a card for my niece's 10th birthday.  I was looking for something a 'tween would like and found my All-Star die and decided to make a purple and black card featuring this trendy shoe.



I sponged some Lavender ink around the shoe to give it a bit of dimension and also sponged some Fog ink onto the white parts to make them look a bit "worn".  The "birthday" die comes from Stamplorations and matches the trendy look I was going for.



Thanks so much for visiting!  As always, the rest of the design team have come up with some fabulous cards using the sketch, so I hope you'll head on over and check them out.


Cheers
Karren




7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

You have some wonderful dies in your collections! And the lavender sneaker is so fun! Cute card!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, I just LOVE this high top sneaker and how fabulous it looks in purple! You paired it with the best sentiment, too...they work so well together! Such a fun card, Karren!

Amy O said...

What a cool card! I love the shading on the shoe, especially how you made them look worn. Perfect for a tween --my tween is wearing a pair of these right now (not lavender, which I'm sure she wishes she had)!

Petra Swart said...

Simply wonderfully done for a 10-year old, Karren!!!!! Love the beautiful bright purples with all the B&W!!!!! Such a fun card for your niece!!!!!
Hugz

Cécile RIBON said...

The best birthday card a 10-year old girl can dream of, Karren! So cheerful and fun and trendy. Love it so much!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE this fabulously trendy card Karren! Sorry I haven't been around in ages, but it has been chaotic for me! Thanks, as always, for your inspiration! Have a great week! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is a seriously cool card - that converse it awesome!!! Your niece is going to love this card - I know I do!