Friday 17 March 2017

Eiffel Tower

Hi!  It's Fusion time again and here is the new challenge:



I stuck with the photo inspiration for my card and actually made two cards!  I made the card at the bottom of this post first, but then a stamp order arrived that included the background stamp called Waterfall from a company called Katzelkraft and I thought that would work perfectly with the photo, so I made a second card.  Here it is:


I stamped the background in black and clear-embossed it.  I then adhered some fun foam to some Soft Stone cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot with my Eiffel Tower die.  I also used the same die with a panel of black cardstock which I offset slight to create a shadow.  The sentiment is embossed with Crushed Curry EP.


For my next card, which is actually my first card 😃, I used silver metallic embossing paste over a stars stencil on a panel of Slate cardstock.  The rest of the card was made the same, except the EP on this card is Buttercup which I then outlined with a gray Copic marker.


Thanks for visiting.  Take a minute to check out the rest of the design team's cards - they are awesome!

Products used:

Stamps:  Shenanigans (CASual Fridays), Waterfall (Katzelkraft)
Ink:  Versamark, Intense Black
Cardstock:  Soft Stone, Slate, Black, White
Dies:  Eiffel Tower (MFT)
Accessories:  Crushed Curry EP (SU), Buttercup EP (Wendy Vecchi), fun foam, Silver Metallic EP (Wendy Vecchi) Stars stencil (MFT), clear EP

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

cm said...

Both cards featuring the Paris skyline are stunning, Karren! I'm reminded of my long ago trips I took to France with my brother, where we went to watch the Tour de France up close. We closed both our travels with three days of wandering Paris...so many marvelous memories...
~carol

Becca Cruger said...

These are both so chic! I especially love the texture of the metallic embossing paste!

Linda Callahan said...

You are so funny! Two for the price of one! And they are both terrific! Love that diecut!

Susanne Vargas said...

Oh, I absolutely love both of them! The rainy one and the starry one! Love the shades of gray! I think I'll have to add that die to my wish list...

Michele K. Henderson said...

The rainy background really caught my eye! I LOVE how pretty, yet so simple and elegant this is! Beautiful!

Petra Swart said...

Both are beautiful, Karren, but I really like the raining effect on the first one and the white frame at the top part!!!!! Wonderfully done!!!! Two FABULOUS cards!!!!!
Have a great weekend!!!
Hugz

Viv said...

Two super cards here Karren! love the skyline and the clever backgrounds too ;) hugs Viv xx

Rosemary said...

super cool take on the inspiration, karren!

Barb Ghig said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous, Karren! So chic with the different shades of gray, and I love the pop of yellow on your sentiment! LOVE the effect of your Waterfall background on the first card and the silver stars on the 2nd one...Really fabulous take on the challenge!

Bev Gerard said...

Wow ... talk about the perfect die for a Paris Rain challenge! Oh so crisp & fabyy!