Wednesday 29 March 2017

Floral Heart

Welcome to Freshly Made Sketch Challenge Day!  This week our hostess is the talented Kim Singdahlsen and she has a fabulous sketch for us:

Now, first things first.  I got the sketch backwards and put my circular element on the right hand side instead of the left.  Doh!  No excuse!



I decided to play along in the Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and used this cute coffee bean heart by SugarPea Designs.  To bring in the Spring theme, I added some flowers and stenciling in Spring-like colors.



The stenciling was done using white embossing paste and two colors of ink - Lemon Zing and Blue Violet.  The flowers were stamped using Altenew inks and then die-cut.  The sentiment comes from a Verve set.

I filmed the process as I was making the card.  You can watch it below or head on over to YouTube.



I'm also linking this up to Work It Wednesday, where the theme is Spring.
Spring Hop 2017

workitwedbanner

Supplies:

Stamps:  Vintage Flowers (Altenew), Caffeine Addict (SugarPea Designs), Better with You (Verve)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid (MFT), Blue Violet, Lemon Zing (SSS), Warm Sunshine, Buttercream Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades, Soft Lilac, Lavender Fields, Deep Iris, Espresso (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White
Dies:  Vintage Flowers (Altenew)
Accessories:  Zig Zag Dots Stencil (SSS), White Embossing Paste (Wendy Vecchi)

Cheers
Karren

27 comments:

DIANA L. said...

So pretty, I love your heart shaped coffee bean wreath beautiful CAS design

New Creations said...

This is a fab card. Love the coffee beans heart with pretty florals!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Letchworth said...

Hi there, Karren! What a fun and super creative card. I love the clean, crisp feel to this. The overall design is very well thought out, and quite eye-catching. Thanks for sharing, and have a blessed week!

You're always very welcome to stop by and share your sweet cards with us at Word Art Wednesday - always Anything Goes/Family Friendly, great prizes, loads of fun, and I'd be delighted to have you join us.
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Fabulous card!!

~amy~ said...

This is awesome, I love the mix 'n match of goodies. The stenciling is awesome.

Lori Kobular said...

Love your coffee bean heart wreath!

Shelly said...

This is wonderful!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Such a cute inspiration card Karren! Thank you! Hazel xx

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you designed this card, Karren! Great idea to fussy cut the inside of the coffee bean heart, and your stenciled chevrons add great texture to this card! Love your beautiful bloom, too!

Tink said...

This is soo Pretty! Love the coffee bean heart

Ann said...

Love, so pretty.

Susi said...

Love the combination of the gorgeous flower and coffee beans ;-)

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

WOW, Karren -- your card is outstanding!!

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh, that coffee bean heart is so fun! And your flowers & stenciling ... magic!

Linda Callahan said...

Such a wow card! Love the coffee bean heart! The backgrund zig zags are fab!

Amy O said...

Those stenciled zig-zags are fabulous! Love the colors and the cool design. Such a pretty Spring card!

Corr InkWell Journal said...

The fussy cutting is second only to your coloring effectiveness; great take on the sketch!

Arianna Barbara said...

Oh wow! I love the coffee bean heart and the adorable flowers!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love it. Your colors are so very awesome and the design is beautiful!

Ericka Strange said...

Beautiful card. love the heart and the added flower is so pretty!

Fikreta said...

this is so wonderful!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card! I love that coffee bean heart and that beautiful flower! So very pretty!

Hetty said...

So very beautiful!

Kim S said...

I love the zig zag stencil - such a fun look behind the flower and heart of coffee beans!! And the colors are so sweet!

Jen Timko said...

You had me at the coffee bean heart, haha!! I love this!

Jen Mitchell said...

Nothing says love like a heart made of coffee beans! What a great accent to pair with that beautiful flower!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this! I didn't realise they were beans at first! I'm so hopeless without my glasses!