Friday 24 March 2017

Hydrangea Hello


It's time for another fun challenge at Just Add Ink and this week, we have a color challenge for you.Image may contain: text

Aren't these fun colors?  I don't have the Stampin' Up colors so went with some Distress Inks in Peacock Feathers and Worn Lipstick and I think they came out pretty close!



I started by doing some ink-blending onto a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock with the two inks.  I went over the line where they joined several times to give a seamless blend.  Once I was happy, I flicked some water onto the panel and set it aside to dry.  I did happen to find some Smoky Slate cardstock, so used that for my card base and also for the die-cut hello, which was painted with clear sparkle pen.

Once the inked panel was dry, I white-embossed the Mondo Hydrangea stamp onto the bottom left corner and heat set it.  Using fun foam, I adhered that panel onto the card base and then used spray adhesive for the sentiment.




I did happen to film a video while I was making this card and you can see it by clicking here or by watching below.



Thanks so much for visiting!  Please check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team and have a go yourself.  Remember, if you don't have the exact colors, a close match will also work.



Cheers
Karren


8 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

You did an amazing job with this pretty color combo, Karren! I love the flower and sentiment that you chose for this card, too...Another beautiful card!
Thanks again for the video...I enjoy watching you create :)

Nikki Spencer said...

Your background is perfect Karren. Such a smooth transition and lovely effect. xx

Kara Lynne said...

Your blend created the color combination beautifully! The large image is a wonderful choice too, Karren!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Wow! That background is amazing and just flows beautifully!

Jan said...

So love your seamless blended background Karren and your Hydrangea is a gorgeous focal point too. I've just ordered some Bristol card stock too - thanks for sharing your tips :-) xx

Kelly Kent said...

Fabulous card Karren! I love how beautifully you've sponged the background! Kelly x

KimB said...

This is stunning Karren! I love the intensity of the colours and how seamless the blending is. Such a gorgeous classic card. x

Kim S said...

Truly gorgeous - it's into my inspiration file!!