Thursday 2 March 2017

Hello

Hello and welcome!  Today's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches is brought to us by the fabulous Jennifer Timko.  Check it out:


That big panel is open to all sorts of interpretation!  I chose to create a stamp-free card using an inked panel and a camouflaged sentiment.


The main panel on my card was made years and years ago and I can't remember how I made it, which is driving me crazy!  I'm 99% sure I used Lumiere paint and a credit card to swipe the paint down the panel but I've tried to recreate it and it doesn't work the same.  I need to either do some serious googling or raid my mother's old stamping magazines because I think that's where I got the idea from.

Regardless, this panel is so beautiful and shimmery IRL that it stands on its own.  I die-cut the Big Hello from the panel and then re-attached it after layering up three layers of black die-cuts.  I then adhered the whole panel to a sheet of gold foil paper and then onto a black card base.


Thanks for visiting!  The design team have some wonderful cards using this sketch, so head on over and check them out.


Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my ... Karren be sure to get back to us on this technique! it looks gorgeous! I know... check all your credit cards for glimmer!!!
xx
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Well this is one fabulous panel for sure......gorgeous!

Becca Cruger said...

Are you KIDDING me right now?! Dangit. I just wanted to learn how you created this masterpiece! Whatever you did, it's absolutely STUNNING!

Nora Noll said...

This is stunning!! I LOVE that paper you created. It totally ROCKS!!

Susanne Vargas said...

What a spectacular background/card! Love the colors and shimmer and the mysterious technique! Glad you let it shine by just using a camouflaged sentiment and not covering anything of this gorgeous panel!

Jen Brum said...

This is so gorgeous Karren! I cannot get over how amazing that background is! Love how the Hello just blends in and yet stands out! You are the queen of creative!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, WOW, what a FABULOUS panel, Karren!!! The colours are so beautiful with the gold and I can imagine how stunning it must be IRL!!!!! Love the small gold border and the black card base!!! Soooooo striking and simply gorgeous!!!
Hugz

Barb Ghig said...

This is so striking, Karren! Your background is perfect for your camouflaged sentiment, and the colors are amazing!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

You win the award for keeping a panel around for so long without using it! It's fabulous and I can just imagine how shimmery it is in person!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a fabulous and amazing panel! This is totally gorgeous !

Notes by Nina said...

Your card is very cool, I love the artistic design.

Jen Timko said...

Just sitting in your stash and waiting for the right card. Glad my sketch was the one that got it out of hiding and onto the blog! This is fabulous!!