Saturday 4 March 2017

Doodle Friend

Hi and welcome!  Today I'm thrilled to be Guest Designing at Addicted to CAS.  The code word this fortnight is:



Because doodling is not my thing, I decided to look through my stamp collection for an image that has the doodled look to it.  A Paper Artsy image came to the rescue:




I stamped the image onto a white panel and colored it in quite a one-dimensional fashion with Polychromos pencils, in keeping with the doodle theme.  Once that was done, I die-cut a scalloped frame and adhered it with foam tape.  The "Friend" die-cut was cut from black cardstock and I adhered it using the negative so that it lined up and was evenly spaced.



I even have a You Tube video for you, if you're interested.  It shows a foolish mistake I made and how I covered it up ;)




Thanks so much for visiting!  The Addicted to CAS design team have some gorgeous cards, I'm sure, so head on over and check them out.






Cheers
Karren

16 comments:

Aileen said...

Wonderful card, love these stamps you used. Congrats on your Guest Design spot Karren. Perfect flowers for Doodle design. (Have to admit this wasnt the first thought that jumped into my head having three little boys!!!)

Rosemary said...

congrats on your guest designer spot!! what a fun card for a friend!!

Linda Callahan said...

Well I ate breakfast while I watched your video......you were such delightful company! I think the card is adorabke with those doodle-y flowers! And thanks for the tip on positioning the letters! I would have struggled with them for an hour to try to get them straight!

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a lovely take on the code word, Karren! Beautiful coloring, and I love how you added the scalloped framed and bold sentiment!
Thank you again for being our Guest Designer at Addicted to CAS and for the fabulous video...it's been great fun working with you!!!

Doni High said...

Thanks so much for being our guest designer. I enjoyed your video. I fell in love with the look of the scalloped frame...and just ordered it! Thanks again for designing with ATCAS.

Susan said...

Love this doodle card. Just perfect inspiration! Thanks for being our guest, your talent is appreciated!

Petra Swart said...

Congrats on the GD spot, Karren!!!! And what a lovely stamp you had for the doodle theme - perfect!!!!! I think your colouring with the pencils are great and the card you ended up with is simply stunning!!!!! Enjoyed watching your videoo!!!! ;) Think I should try my hand at some doodling and join in the fun at the challenge!!!!!
Have a great start to your week!!!
Hugz

Cécile RIBON said...

This is such an artsy card! I love how those Doodle flowers paire with the extra large sentiment, so striking!

Jaydee said...

Karren, what a fab take on the challenge. This set is the epitome of doodle. I love that you framed it with the scalloped frame and the bold black sentiment. Great card. So glad you joined us at GD
jaydee

Jen Timko said...

I totally love how you used these images! Perfect doodling!

Hannelie said...

LOVE the look !

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Karren and congratulations on your guest design spot.
What a fabulous take on the challenge, this images are perfect doodling ones.
As soon as I saw the CODE WORD, Zentangle came to my head, LOL!! it always does.
Love the scalloped frame, it's the perfect way to showcase your fabulous doodle.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Bhavana said...

Beautiful card. Loved all the design and the way you framed it. Glad you joined us as GD at ATCAS!!

Ellenor said...

A very lovely card :)

Thank you for beeing our guest designer at ATCAS - DT Ellenor

Ellenor said...

A very lovely card :)

Thank you for beeing our guest designer at ATCAS - DT Ellenor

Bobby said...

So happy to have you doodling with us this week, Karren. I love your little doodled flower garden.