Monday 27 March 2017

Cool Penguin

Hi!  I made this card on the weekend using the sketch and colors from MFT, as well as the melt cue word at CASology and the seaside code word at Addicted to CAS.


I started by creating a circle mask for the sun and used the negative of the mask to sponge Carved Pumpkin distress ink into the circle.  I then removed the negative and attached the positive mask and sponged Peacock Feathers for the "sea" and Antique Linen for the "sand".  My white gel pen was put to good use creating some waves and foam along the shoreline.  Once I was finished with the background, I carefully cut around the sun as per the sketch, before adhering the panel onto a white top-folding card base.

Then penguin and ball were stamped and colored with Copics before being die-cut with the co-ordinating dies.  I white-embossed the sentiment and die-cut it with a flag die before adding it to the card base.  The penguin and ball are popped up on foam tape.


Thanks for visiting!



MFT Sketch Challenge 325 #mftstamps




Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Addicted to CAS.

6 comments:

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous, Karren, and as always your coloring blows me away! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Judy1223 said...

Karren, wow! That water! That sun! That sand! Your coloring! Really, WOW! I love this sweet penguin and the adorable beach scene you created! I can feel the heat from that sun melting everything in sight! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, how I LOVE this penguin! He looks so cute all ready to play on the beach with his swimming tube! Beautiful ink blending on your sand and sea, and I love the bold yellow sun! You have really brought these images to life with your amazing Copic coloring, too Karren! Fabulous take on the code word!!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS! We always enjoy seeing your beautiful creations in the gallery!!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cute mf...the whole layout is so fun and the sentiment is adorable...great card.
xx KAREN

anja curvers said...

WoW great card love your coloring. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

Jaydee said...

Fabulous card, karren and great coloring. I love the little touches of white on the water and your penguin is adorable! so glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee