Sunday 19 March 2017

Green Umbrellas

Hi and welcome!  I took some time yesterday to make a card for a few challenges.


I used the colors from Color Throwdown, the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch and the Bit o' Green challenge at Simon Says Stamp, as well as being inspired by Jenny's gorgeous card at Time Out.  I should probably explain how I was inspired by Jenny's card though, as it might not be obvious.  My cloud is her branch and my umbrellas are her birdhouses.  As well as that, the spring theme brought to mind March showers, hence the umbrella theme.  And, I've just realised I put the sentiment in the wrong spot for the sketch, so apologies to the CTS girls!

I stamped and Copic-colored my umbrellas onto a panel of white cardstock, and then gold-embossed the sentiment.  I die-cut a cloud shape and adhered that to the top left corner before mounting the whole panel onto a gold mat.  I then added some fun foam to the back and adhered it to a black top-folding card base.  To finish off the card, I added some tiny clear sequins to mimic raindrops.  I probably spent more time positioning the sequins than the rest of the card put together!  I took about 5 off the card and hopefully the less-is-more philosophy works 😃


Thanks for visiting!



Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Color Throwdown.

13 comments:

Sara P said...

Super cute! Love that sentiment.

Lisa Lara said...

Perfect for the CTD this week Karren. Oh how I love that sentiment.

Ellen said...

Good morning,

I love the design! So great....
Who would not be happy to get such a nice card?!

Greetings from Ellen

Nonni said...

Fun card, I think it's very easy to see how you were inspired by Jenny's card, I do spot her layout! I love the swirly sentiment. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining us!

Linda Callahan said...

So cute! Love these bright green umbrellas!

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet take on the sketch!

Barb Ghig said...

Another really GORGEOUS card, Karren! I love the gradation in the shades of green on the umbrellas and your angled cloud is perfect! I also love how you added a gold and black vertical border with your gold embossed sentiment...so elegant! I think you nailed it on all four challenges!!!

Susanne Vargas said...

These beautifully shaded green umbrellas look very spring like! Also love the sentiment and the golden strips on the sides!

Amy Rohl said...

Love this, Karren! Thanks for playing along with us at CTD this week!

Shona Chambers said...

I could see how you were inspired by Jenny's card straight away, its a fantastic CASE and love the bright green of those umbrellas. The gold and black is always so elegant too. So wonderful to see you at TIME OUT!

Deborah Kaye said...

Beautiful card! That sentiment stamp is awesome! What great fonts!

Jenny said...

This is the perfect spring card for the weather we're having at the moment, love the green brollies and how my card inspired your design :)
Jenny x

Caryn said...

What a beautiful card - I love the clean and simple design.

Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx