Thursday 28 February 2013

Baby Blocks

Hi and welcome to this week's sketch challenge at Create with Connie & Mary.  This week we have a fun sketch for you to try.


For my card this week, I went graphic again and made this Baby Blocks card:


For this card I die cut the letters out of Whisper White cardstock, then adhered the negative letters to colored card using dimensionals.  This card is larger than normal at 3.5" x 8.5" in order to fit the letters.  BTW, given that Valentines is over and I didn't want to use the word "love", I had to think what (appropriate) four-letter word I could use for this card - I actually don't know anyone having a baby LOL.

Thanks for looking.  Have a go at this fun sketch!

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Cardstock:  Whisper White; Lucky Limeade; Island Indigo; Daffodil Delight
Accessories:  Typeset Alphabet Bigz Die; Island Indigo Bakers Twine; Brights Button

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

I totally LOVE this card Karren! As soon as I saw it in the gallery I thought you were so very clever to use the for squares for the letters for a baby card! LOVE it!

Christine Blain said...

Oh, Karren, that's BEAUTIFUL! Love it!

Christine Blain said...

Oops - didn't read Narelle's comment first, or I would've tried to be a bit more original with the second sentence, LOL.

Nikki Spencer said...

Love the CAS look and the clever use of the negative die cuts. A fantastic card Karren.

Jenny Engelke said...

Genius take on this sketch! Love the baby blocks! I may need to case this one!

Deb said...

This is genius!! What a fantastic take on this sketch! Love it!!

Melissa Davies said...

I love how you did the letters! You may not know of anyone having a baby, but you will be ready when you do!! Just adorable!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What an adorable way to create baby blocks. Love the colors and the addition of the twine & button!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Wow! Your baby block card is fabulous!!!! Original, creative, clean and adorable! This is a winner!

Connie Babbert said...

SUPER cute!!! I need a baby card and this will be perfect. LOVE it!

Lisa Martz said...

This is awesome! It is the perfect baby card for a shower when the sex is known....or unknown! Love the white space. So clean...just like a new baby!