Thursday 27 September 2018

Celebrate

Hi and welcome!  It's time for another fun sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is the lovely Jen Brum.


Fun sketch, right?

And here's my card:


I created an alcohol-inked panel on Yupo paper and then die-cut it into 3 shapes using a die from Tag Builder Blueprints 1.  To get one die-cut going in the opposite direction, creating the chevron effect, I die-cut the other side of the paper.

I then positioned the three pieces onto a white card base.  The word "celebrate" was cut from black paper and originally I was going to only use the negative die-cut for my sentiment, but the word got a bit lost against the alcohol ink, so I die-cut it again from silver sparkle paper and inlaid the letters.

A simple card!

Thanks for visiting.  Please head over to the FMS blog and check out what the rest of the DT have come up with using Jen's sketch.

Products used:

Ink:  Pool, Botanical, Pistachio, Espresso Alcohol Ink
Cardstock:  Yupo, Black, White, Silver Sparkle, Silver Foil
Dies:  Celebratory Greetings, Tag Builder Blueprints 1 (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Well I am celebrating that very cool inky background! Smart and stylish!

Barb Ghig said...

Your angled panels create such a cool 3-D effect and your alcohol inking is amazing, Karren! I'm loving all the bold shades of green, too...Awesome take on the sketch, as always!

Dawn T said...

Your alcohol stripes are awesome - both in colour and design. A great take on the sketch.

Jen Brum said...

Love this card Karren! Those stripes you created are just gorgeous!! The colours are amazing! Looks so perfect against the white background!

Jen Mitchell said...

That wavy chevron background is fabulous! And the silver sparkle sentiment against the black layer looks terrific!

Susanne Vargas said...

Really cool card! Love it!

Amy O said...

Your inked background panels are so cool! I have no idea what yupo paper is, but I think you could work your inky magic on plain printer paper. Fun card, Karren!