Friday 14 September 2018

Lemons

Hi and welcome!  The latest Fusion challenge is here and it's a good 'un!
I decided to create a fusion and made a card using the sketch and took the lemons from the photo to make them the focal point of my card.


This image is from Vanilla Arts and was offered as part of the Free Digi Club (which is now closed).  With the image came the supply list.  So I used the supply list and the finished photo of the lemons to color these up and I'm pretty pleased with how they came out.  I fussy-cut them and added foam tape to the back.

Onto a white card-base I added a panel of Sour Apple cardstock, which I ran through my Big Shot with the Subtle embossing folder.  A thin strip of black was also added before I adhered the lemons and added the sentiment.







Thanks so much for visiting!

Products used:

Stamps:  Vanilla Arts Digi Stamp, Inspiration Mosaic (Gina K Designs)
Cardstock:  White, Sour Apple, Black Licorice (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Prismacolors, Subtle EF (SU)

Cheers
Karren


8 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous take on the Fusion, Karren! Your lemons are so realistic...I love how you added dimension with your markers...WOW! I also love how you added texture with your embossing folder, too! You never cease to amaze me with your talents :)

Dawn T said...

WOW Karren, the colouring on your lemons and leaves is stunning. Love that subtle texture on the green stripe. Wonderful card

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, I adore your big juicy, beautifully colored lemons! A gorgeous card, and perfect Fusion!
=]

Wanda Cullen said...

WOW, Karren, these are the most realistic looking lemons ever!! What a gorgeous design!

Amy O said...

Oh, Wow! These lemons are fabulous! Awesome card, Karren!

Jen Mitchell said...

You are "pretty pleased" with how the lemons look! I'd say they look absolutely like the real deal. You've got some mad coloring skills my friend. It is a massive understatement to say that this card is amazing, but I've run out of adjectives so that's the one I'm using!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely stunning! Those lemons look so real - you are a colour expert - seriously!

laf83199 said...

Karren, beautiful job on the lemons and what a stunning card! Although the Digi Club has ended 'Lemon Zest' is now a full Online Workshop. You can find it here:

https://vanilla-workshops.teachable.com/p/lemonzest

Course includes the following:
-13 minute Technique Deep Dive video- a closer look at underpainting for yellow
-7 minute Technique Deep Dive video- the experimenting mindset
-40 minutes of demonstration video- color-along style instruction for the Copic Marker portions of Lemon Zest
-25 minutes of video- color along style instructional video using colored pencils
-Lemon Zest digital stamp in three handy formats (PNG, JPG, or quick print PDF)
-Recipe guide
-Printable full color sample, underpainting guide, detailed color map, and photo reference

~Lisa, Vanilla Arts Team