Thursday 6 September 2018

Thankful Leaves

Hi all and thanks for dropping by!  I'm here with a card for the latest sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, where our hostess is our other camp mum, Jen Mitchell.  And check out Jen's fabulous sketch:


I love square cards but don't often think to make them, so this was a perfect opportunity!  I also filmed the making of this card (link below), which is the first video I've made in weeks.  Between a lack of mojo and being sick, it's only now that I'm starting to feel normal again.



My card uses a new-to-me stamp set by Gina K called Stitched Leaves.  Onto a distress inked background, I added the leaves, which were sponged with distress ink before gold-embossing the top layer.  The "thanks" is stacked three high and colored with clear sparkle pen.  The rest of the sentiment is from the same stamp set and embossed with the same Antique Gold embossing powder.

Here are a couple of photos where you can hopefully see the beautiful stitching detail in the stamps.





Thanks for visiting!  The DT have, as always, made some gorgeous cards using the sketch so I hope you'll check them out.

If you want to see the video showing how I made this card, you can click here to go to my YouTube channel or watch below.



Products used:

Stamps:  Stitched Leaves (Gina K)
Ink:  Versamark, Shabby Shutters, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral, Bundled Sage, Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, Bristol Smooth
Dies:  Thanks and Hello (MFT), Stitched Mats Square (Lil Inkers)
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen, Antique Gold EP (SSS), Morning Dew Nuvo Drops

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

First I am glad you are on the mend! This card is a masterpiece! The inkiness is wonderful and about those leaves.....wowza....gorgeous!

Amy O said...

I love these beautiful leaves and your inky background is fabulous. So glad you are feeling better!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful take on the sketch, Karren! Your ink blending is flawless and your color palette is perfect for autumn...Another gorgeous card!

Dawn T said...

awesome card and loved the video Karren.

Kim S said...

Such a gorgeous backdrop to those leaves. I love how they frame the sentiment!

Jen Mitchell said...

I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick. That's no fun - but I hope you are feeling better. Your card is beautiful - the background colors and those stitched leaves are perfect together! Oh, and I do not need those stitched leaves - I do not need those stitched leaves......

Jen Brum said...

This is such a gorgeous card Karren! I love that background! It's so pretty! The leaves are just beautiful! I hope you're feeling better. I am not looking forward to cold and flu season at all! Feels like it just left and it's already back again!