Friday 24 July 2020

HB2U

Hi and welcome.  We're back over at the Fusion blog with another great challenge.  I went with the sketch this time, but did bring in some summery colors.



I had these flowers already stamped and cut so this card was fairly quick to put together.  I arranged the Boysenberry strip onto a white card base and then adhered the yellow flowers directly on top.  The purple flowers are popped up on foam tape and the sentiment was stamped and die-cut and adhered in the centre.




When I'd finished, the card looked a bit bottom-heavy so I added some Nuvo drops to try and adjust the balance a bit.


The design team have some wonderful cards to show you so I hope you'll check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Blossoms (Scrapbook.com), Roundabout Additions (Reverse Confetti)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Enchanted Garden, Pocketful of Sunshine, Green Fields sets (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Boysenberry, Black Licorice (MFT)
Dies:  Infinity Circle Dies (Hero Arts)
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen, Dandelion Yellow, Crushed Grape Nuvo Drops

12 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Nice to have such pretty flowers ready to go! Lovely card! I need to practice with my Nuvo drops! Love that look!

Cindy H. said...

This is just soooo beautiful! Love it!

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, I love a purple and yellow combo! So very lovely!
=]

Jen Mitchell said...

So beautiful. :)

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful color palette and I love your choice of blooms, Karren! You never cease to amaze me with your talent, my friend...such a pretty card!

Tristan said...

Stunning card Karren. Love the colour scheme and great idea with those Nuvo drops.

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, this is such a gorgeous CAS design! Love it!

Kim S said...

This is gorgeous! The flowers are lovely and so beautiful grounded with the Boysenberry strip and the hb2u. I love the drops - a fabulous addition!

Julia Aston said...

A lovely card from the sketch Karren! love the yellows and purples on your pretty flowers!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a delightful floral scene Karen. It's definitely the kind that can be seen in summer in the lavender fields in Provence. And the "hb2u" label is sure to remind the "Summer" one on the inspiration photo. You thought you went with the sketch only but, me, I can see the inspiration photo too.

Judy Rozema said...

Wow - this is just beautiful!!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Holy moly, I love this! The colors- you have the perfect selection of purples and yellows- and those flowers are just stunning!