Thursday 16 July 2020

Leafy Thanks

Hi and welcome!  Jennifer Timko is our sketch hostess over at Freshly Made Sketches this week and she has given us a fun square sketch to play with.  Here's what I did with it:



I went all-out Altenew on this card.  I'd been playing with washi tape and adhered some to a card panel before die-cutting with a square die.  I added that to a 4.5" square white card base.  The Leaf Canopy stamp was stamped with black and Olive inks and then I added some darker areas with Copic markers.

The Thanks is a new-to-me die and I die-cut that in gray and black before adding it to mimic the horizontal panel in the sketch.


And that's it!  Very simple!  The design team have some wonderful cards so I hope you'll check them out.

Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  Leaf Canopy (Altenew)
Ink:  Black, Olive (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Black Licorice, Cement (MFT)
Dies:  Bold Thanks, Leaf Canopy (Altenew)
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Grand Stream Washi Tape

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Karren... you know you 'had me' at grey! But I am a BIG fan of Altenew's leafy canopy, too!
GORGEOUS, my friend!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful take on the sketch, Karren! Your soft gray stripes are perfect as a background for the leaf canopy and I love your bold sentiment! Another really lovely card!

Linda Callahan said...

This is lovely! The sentiment is terrific and I am loving all the gray with the green!

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Karren. I've got the Thanks die as well and it's fabulous. Love the grey background and the pop of green of the leaves.

Jen W. said...

Karren, this is gorgeous - definitely the standout for me in this week's gallery. :) I love the soft grey stripes on the washi and that leaf stamp is one of my favourites from Altenew. I'm definitely going to have to check out that Thanks die too - I love the font! I hope you are keeping well in this crazy new world.

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so pretty. I love that leafy branch (adding to wishlist immediately) and I would never have guessed the background was washi tape.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Amazing! I am in love with that leafy branch and the definition you've given it with your colouring!

Kim S said...

What a fun combination! I love the bright green leaves with all of the gray!