Thursday 2 July 2020

Gillfriend

Our sketch hostess for this week's challenge at Freshly Made Sketches is Jacquie Southas and here's what I did with her fun sketch.


I created the background with Distress Oxide inks and Honey Bee Stamps stencils.  I followed a tutorial by Nichol Spohr for the colors.  Once it was dry, I die-cut it with a stitched rectangle die and set it aside.  The images were stamped and colored with Coics and cut with my Scan n Cut.  I arranged them to mimic the sketch, then white embossed the sentiment onto a black strip to finish.



Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards created by the rest of the design team.



Products used:

Stamps:  Mermazing, Gill Friends (MFT)
Ink:  Extreme Black (MFT), Versamark, Black Soot, Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Inks, Unicorn White (Hero Arts)
Cardstock:  White, Black, Bristol Smooth, X-Press It
Dies:  Mermazing, Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, White EP, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen, Ocean Scene Builder Stencils (Honey Bee Stamps)

Cheers
Karren




7 comments:

Amy O said...

This background is incredible! As is your coloring! This is a fabulous card, Karren.

Linda Callahan said...

I am in awe how you create those backgrounds! Just fabulous! This is a beautiful card!

I Card Everyone said...

Fabulous card, Karren! Sweet way to send fun fishes.. I mean wishes!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you paired these adorable stamp sets, Karren...both are faves of mine! Beautiful Copic coloring and details and your stenciling is just fabulous! Super cute card!!!

Dawn T said...

What an incredible card Karren. Your background is stunning and love the mermaid.

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous inky background for these bright sea creatures, Karren!

Jen Brum said...

Oh wow. There aren't words for this one! It is so amazing! That background is gorgeous and your colouring is stupendous! Okay, I just wanted to use that word!!! I totally need to come and hang out in your craft room so you can teach me how to do all of this!!!!!