Thursday 29 October 2020

Bronze Wish

 Hi all and thanks for dropping by.  I'm here with my card for our latest challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches, where our host this week is Jen Brum.



For my card, I went back to an old technique I haven't used in years, but saw on Jennifer McGuire's blog - Perfect Pearls and Versamark.  I stamped the Kaleidoscope background onto both navy and white cardstock and painted over the ink with bronze Perfect Pearls powder.  Once I was finished, I lightly spritzed it with water to set it, but it didn't fully set so I really do need a fixative of some sort.



After I positioned the pieces to match the sketch, I used thin slivers of bronze foil cardstock to separate each element.  

For the sentiment, I stamped part of the sentiment from a set by The Greetery and die-cut the big "wish" from bronze foil cardstock.  I finished with some pearls I coloured with Copic markers to try and match the bronze and navy colours in my card.

Thanks so much for visiting.  The DT have made gorgeous cards using Jen's sketch, so I hope you'll check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Kaleidoscope BG (SSS), Birthday Blooms (The Greetery)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, In the Navy (Gina K), Bronze Foil 
Dies:  Wish (MFT)
Accessories:  Perfect Bronze Perfect Pearls, Pearls, Copics

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

My wish is that I wish I could make cards like you! I am always in awe how you create your own backgrounds! This is gorgeous! Me.....I just cut that DSP!

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, I know nothing about Perfect Pearls, but I recognize a perfect pearl of a card when I see one! Found one here today!! Absolutely stunning!
=]

Cindy H. said...

Wow, what an elegant card! I haven't used my Perfect Pearls in like forever. Your card gives lots of inspiration to try to rectify that :)

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a beautiful clean cut card. Love the background details and the hint about using the Perfect Pearls mix, which I would never have thought to use. I also like the coloured pearls that tie in with your paper choices. Awesome.

Jen Brum said...

I'm totally with Linda on this one! I totally wish I could make cards like this! This is so gorgeous! All that copper makes me so happy!!! It's so elegant! Those pearls are gorgeous too! You are just so creative!

Dawn T said...

So elegant Karren. Love the two tones of the background.

Barb Ghig said...

Another gorgeous card, Karren! I think I need to get some bronze Perfect Pearls...it looks so pretty on navy as well as white and I love your bronze alphas!