Thursday 22 October 2020

Rainbow Tags

 Welcome!  Here is my card for the latest sketch at Freshly Made Sketches where our hostess this week is Kim Singdahlsen.


When I first saw Kim's sketch, I was a bit unsure how I was going to incorporate that row of rectangles.  At first I thought of doing banners, then I decided on tags.  I sponged some white cardstock pieces in rainbow colors and die-cut each piece with a small tag die.  Originally, the tags were going to be all lined up straight, then I decided to make them a bit whimsical and threaded some linen thread through them and made them a bit higgledy-piggledy.


The sentiment and flowers came from a NBUS set by The Greetery and I just love the font on that big "birthday".  I arranged some of the flowers from the set around the right hand side.  All these elements were adhered to a scalloped die-cut which was then added to a white card base with foam tape to add more dimension to the white-on-white look.


Thanks for visiting!  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Birthday Blooms (The Greetery)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark, Bamboo, Olive, Sunray, Heart Beat, Volcano Lake, Lavender Fields, Deep Iris (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Black
Dies:  Birthday Blooms (The Greetery), Blueprints 1, Stitched Tag Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  White EP, Linen Thread, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren



9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous! So many wonderful details....beautifully shaded tags, scalloped edges, sweet font, and flowers! Sooo pretty!

Amy O said...

I've been swooning over this card since I first saw it on the DT blog! These beautifully colored tags and flowers combined with the scallops makes my heart so happy.

Barb Ghig said...

Great idea to use your mini tags for this sketch, Karren! I love the font on the birthday sentiment and how you placed those beautiful and leaves...Gorgeous card! xx

Jacquie Southas said...

I love that you went with a bit of movement in this line tags - adds so much fun and interest to a great design!

Kim S said...

This is wonderful!! I love those softly colored tags with that fabulous sentiment. Those little florals highlighting the sentiment are a sweet look.

Cindy H. said...

Your card is really so lovely! Love the soft colors, the beautiful script and how you arranged the twine.

Hilda Burton said...

I love this bright and fun card with the wonderful script of "Birthday". Beautiful card.

Jen Brum said...

This card is just gorgeous Karren! I love those pretty tags and the beautiful flowers! This will totally make someone's day extra special!

Jen Timko said...

I just love this take on the sketch. Seriously so smart! Pretty colors too!