Friday 30 October 2020

Copper Thoughts

Hi and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at Fusion and this time I've focussed mainly on the sketch although I have brought in some elements from the photo. 


I spent a bit of time creating a couple of alcohol ink panels - one in coffee tones and one in grays.  I was planning on using the grays on this card to more match the photo, but decided I liked the warmth of the coffee tones and I'm imagining that's coffee in that cup.

Once the panel was dry, I cut it down and added strips of chocolate cardstock each side.  I then adhered it to a cream panel which I'd dry embossed with a knitting pattern folder.  I added that to a white card base and then worked on the typewriter.



I wanted the typewriter to tone in with the alcohol ink so went with a dark chocolate base with cream keys and a copper foil for the top layer.  I finished with a stamped sentiment.  Here's a side shot of the alcohol ink which is so pretty in real life.


Thanks for visiting.  Please check out the fabulous cards made by the DT.




Products used:

Stamps:  You're My Type (SugarPea Designs)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  Cream, Dark Chocolate (SSS), Bronze foil
Dies:  You're My Type (SugarPea Designs)
Accessories:  Knitted Pattern Embossing Folder (Richard Garay), Alcohol Inks (Teakwood, Espresso, Sepia, Ginger, Latte, Caramel, Copper Metallic Mixative)

Cheers
Karren


6 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

What a gorgeous CAS design with beautiful textures, shine and gorgeous alcohol ink panel!

I Card Everyone said...

Coffee, grey: both perfect, but I love the choice you've made today, Karren... and that sweater look, too!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

The panel is absolutely gorgeous! Love the warm coffee colors! And the cream keys are perfect!

Dawn T said...

Stunning Karren. Love the gorgeous colours on your alcohol background.

Barb Ghig said...

Your alcohol inked panel is so striking, Karren! I love the knitting pattern for the background and the pop of copper on your typewriter is fabulous...WOW!

Claire Grantham said...

WOW!! This is so gorgeous, I love all the elements together, the warmth of the coffee panel, suits the coziness of the embossing. And that typewriter is awesome. Claire