Thursday 19 November 2020

Christmas Cookies

 Thanks for stopping by!  It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches where our host this week is Narelle Farrugia.



I spent some time on the weekend playing with The Greetery's Hug in a Mug Sweet Treats die set (yes, more products from The Greetery!). I made some cookies using the dies, glitter cardstock and some elements from the embellishment kit.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I did sponge some Antique Linen distress ink around the edges of the cookies to make them look baked.


Once I was finished, I arranged them onto a red cardstock panel to match the sketch and then added an embossed sentiment.  This was then layered onto a Desert Storm card base.  This is definitely going to have to be delivered by hand as it's quite dimensional as you can see in the photo below,


Thanks for visiting!  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the DT.


Products used:

Stamps:  Sweet Holiday Penguins (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Antique Linen, Ground Espresso Distress Inks
Cardstock:  Neenah Desert Storm; Wild Cherry, Biscotti, Hot Fudge, Red Glitter Cardstock (MFT), white
Dies:  Hug in a Mug Sweet Treats (The Greetery), Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Hug in a Mug Embellishment Kit (The Greetery)

Cheers
Karren




10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Reminds me of a few of my favorite things about Christmas!
Absolutely adorable, and delish, Karren!
=]

Amy O said...

Oh, my goodness! The tiny details on this card are incredible! I feel like I could sit and examine this card for a long time and still find fun little things to treasure.

Barb Ghig said...

Your Christmas cookies look good enough to eat and I love that you chose Kraft, red, and white for this card, Karren! Fabulous take on the sketch and lovely showcase of the Greetery products! xx

Kim S said...

What an amazing use of the sketch!! I love all of the fun detail in those sweet treats!

Cindy Beach said...

Love how sweet this is, Karren! Makes my mouth water and my lips smile. Great fun you had with this one!

Linda Callahan said...

Scrumptious! This is beautifully done! Amazingly detailed!

Jen Brum said...

Oh this card is just gorgeous Karren! I love those cookies! The star cookie reminds me of cookies my mom makes! The detail on this card is incredible! I can't get over it! So perfect for Christmas!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Look at those awesome little details you've used on your card! I adore them and how you've used them on your card!

Judy Rozema said...

Such a delightfully fun take on the sketch! I love your cookies!

Jen Timko said...

Dear heavens, this is so incredible! What a fun collection of "food".