Thursday 4 March 2021

Bloom Note

Hi and welcome.  Jacquie Southas is our sketch hostess over at Freshly Made Sketches this week and I love her sketch.  Here's my card using it:




As soon as I saw the sketch I knew I wanted to use the negative space for those rectangles, so I took a rectangle die and after a bit of measurement, I cut it out three times across the front of a Soft Stone panel.  I then backed it with a black panel and added it to a white card base.

I had just received these Colorize dies and wanted to put them together, so using the packaging as a guide, I chose multiple colours of cardstock and did some fiddly die-cutting and placing.  I had fun doing this and when I was finished, I decided to add some texture by running all the elements through the Subtle embossing folder.  This flattened the layers as well as adding the texture.  To give the big rose some dimension, I lightly sponged around the edge with Victorian Velvet distress ink.  I then added them to the card with foam tape.
 


The sentiment was stamped and die-cut and added with foam tape.

Thanks for visiting!  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.


Products used:

Stamps:  Opposites Attract (The Greetery)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Victorian Velvet Distress Ink
Cardstock:  Soft Stone, Ocean Tide, Autumn Rose (PTI), Sage Leaf (Lawn Fawn), Chocolate Brown, Cactus, Factory Green, Paver Red, Olive, Black Licorice, Hot Fudge, Kraft, Cranberry Cocktail, Pink Lemonade, Bubblegum, Banana Spklitm Lemon Chiffon (MFT)
Dies:  Colorize Bloom (Tim Holtz), Opposites Attract (The Greetery), Inside/Out Stitched Rectangles (MFT)
Accessories:  Subtle Embossing Folder (SU)

Cheers
Karren





12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Be still my heart! KARREN this is so wonderful!! LOve all the muted colors you've used for your beautiful blooms!
=]

Cindy H. said...

What a gorgeous card! I love your technique of flattening the die cut images and giving them texture at the same time. Fabulous idea!

Jacquie Southas said...

Stunning design, Karren! The colors, layers and texture are all perfect.

marilyn said...

Love the layout and card! BUT had to laugh a little at your comment of "did a it of measurement"! I bet you did...lining up those rectangles would be a nightmare for me...no matter how much measuring I did. OR...is there a secret as to how to do it?????

Linda Callahan said...

Wowza! Love what you did with those diecuts! And you are terrific with negative space - I have trouble imagining it! Beautiful card!

Barb Ghig said...

Stunning card, Karren! I love all the muted colors and how you added texture to the flowers and leaves with your embossing folder! Fabulous take on the sketch, my friend! xx

Dawn T said...

AMAZING....the addition of the embossing on the florals takes them to another level. What a simply stunning card.

Sue Duffy said...

Gorgeous!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is amazing! I love the black panels and the texture on the floral die cut.

Kim S said...

Stunning! The pops of color in those fabulous flowers are gorgeous on neutral background!

Claire said...

Absolutely stunning Karren! loving the font on that sentiment!

Judy Rozema said...

Just stunning!! That black really makes your flower pop. I love the texture too!