Thursday 25 March 2021

Dotted Birthday

I'm here with my card for the new challenge at Freshly Made Sketches, where our sketch hostess this week is Jennifer Timko.  

 

I played with some new goodies for this card.  The stamp set is new, as is the embossing folder.  I wanted to do some colouring, which I haven't done in an age, so sat down on Saturday afternoon and coloured up all the images in this stamp set.  I then arranged a few of them into an arrangement and adhered them to the embossed panel.  

For the bottom part, I used patterned paper and some gold washi tape.  The sentiment is white embossed onto some Autumn Rose cardstock, which was the closest match to the flowers.







Thanks for visiting!  The design team have outdone themselves again, so I hope you'll head over and check out their fabulous cards.

Products Used:

Stamps:  Amazing You (Altenew), Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:  Intense Black (SSS), Versamark
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Autumn Rose (PTI), Dots & Stripes (MFT)
Dies:  Amazing You (Altenew)
Accessories:  Gold Washi, Copics, White EP, Mod Squares Embossing Folder (Altenew)

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Amy O said...

I love to see your coloring again! This is gorgeous, Karren!

I Card Everyone said...

You've colored up this lovely bouquet so beautifully, Karren! So good to see those Copics in your hands again!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

This is so pretty! I actually have this set....I should sit down and see if I can use those same Copics and make this happen...not a chance...lol....

Barb Ghig said...

I'm so happy to see that you're coloring again, Karren...you are so good at it! Gorgeous color palette and I love how your bouquet pops against the embossed panel in the background...really beautiful card!

Dawn T said...

what a lovely card Karren. Your colouring is perfect. Nice design too

Judy Rozema said...

You have colored your flowers so beautifully! I love the texture of the EF. Such a pretty card.

Jen Mitchell said...

This is lovely. The textured background is fabulous and really shows off your beautiful flowers. And the polka dotted paper gives this a real pop!

Jen Timko said...

So pretty, Karren! I just love your coloring, as always. That background texture is a wow too.

Jen Brum said...

This card is so pretty Karren! I just love those flowers! Love that textured background too! Just beautiful!

Cécile RIBON said...

This is gorgeous! I love these pretty roses paired with black and white polka dots. This is romantic and moderne at the same.