Thursday 21 July 2022

Christmas Village

 Hi and welcome!  Today's card sketch from the Freshly Made Sketches team was designed by Narelle Farrugia and here's the card I made with it:


I was originally going to use the rectangles as negative space but then remembered I had these hot foil plates that I'd never used so decided they would do the job.  I hot-foiled with gold onto white and then matted them onto gold mirror cardstock.  To make the background more interesting, I dry-embossed with a brick embossing folder.




The sentiment was also hot-foiled and matted onto gold mirror cardstock.  All in all, a fairly simple card.  I hope you'll check out the fabulous creations made by the design team.


Products used:

Cardstock:  White, Gold Mirror Foil
Dies:  Glimmer Winter Village, Holiday Sentiments Series 2 (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Gold Foil, Brickwork Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz), Warm Pearls (Honey Bee Stamps)

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, I can't believe how perfectly sized those foiled panels are for this sketch - hardly a challenge at all in your case!
Loving that brick embossing!
=]

Dawn T said...

So elegant Karren. A simply gorgeous card.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful Christmas card Karren. Love your gold foiled panels and the embossed background is perfect with the images.

Maz said...

Hi Karren, I like your card with, not one picture but THREE! Are there any dimensions for it please? Cheers and Thankyou, Marilyn in the UK, formerly Adelaide.

Linda Callahan said...

You are a whiz with this gold foil! Beautifully done!

Amy O said...

I love these pretty scenes and how elegant they are in gold. A beautiful card!

Jacquie Southas said...

These gold foiled scenes are gorgeous!