Thursday 14 July 2022

Lil Fat Doggy

Hi!  It's my turn to come up with the sketch for this week's challenge at Freshly Made Sketches and, bizarrely for me,  I went with angled panels.  I have a thing for angled panels and try to avoid them whenever I can, but there they are in this week's sketch.  Go figure!
 

I started by deciding it was time to start making a few Christmas cards.  From January through June, the last thing I want to do is make Christmas cards, but once July rolls around, I start getting the urge to get some made before it's too late.  I chose this cute Happy Pawlidays set and coloured this adorable chubby little pooch with Copics, making sure to match the colours with the cardstock I'd chosen for the panels.  I then cut him out with my Scan n Cut and set him aside.


I couldn't think what to use for the horizontal panel so decided to use scoring and an embossing folder.  I scored two lines to mimic the horizontal panel and then did some partial embossing with the Subtle embossing folder, leaving the horizontal panel clear.  To further accentuate the panel, I added a very thin strip of matte silver foil beside each score line.  Finally, I added a sentiment and some pearls.



Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the design team and give my sketch a go.

Products used:

Stamps:  Happy Pawlidays (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K), Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Dark Indigo (PTI), Caribbean Sea (MFT), Silver Foil cardstock
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Subtle EF (SU), Cool Pearls (Honey Bee) Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen, Black Glaze Pen

Cheers
Karren



9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Just makes me want to give his chubby little belly a good scratching, Karren!
We all need/have a little wonky in our lives!
=]

Jen Brum said...

This is such a cute card Karren! I love that sweet little puppy and his decorations! Your colouring is amazing as always! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card and great sketch Karren. It really looks awesome.

Tracy Grauer said...

That is the cutest little pup with a sentiment that makes me smile on your sweet Christmas card! What a great sketch! I may have to give it a try!

Celeste Goff said...

This card is precious! Love the colors you used!

Nora Noll said...

This is just adorable. I love that image and your colors are fantastic.

Kim S said...

So you challenged yourself with this sketch??!! But you handled it perfectly with that sweet little guy!

Amy O said...

This little pup is adorable! And your coloring is gorgeous. I love the interest the little silver strips add. Thanks for the great sketch this week!

Greta said...

Super cute & love your coloring!