Friday 5 August 2022

Silver Butterfly

 Hi all!  I'm back as Surprise Party Guest over at Seize the Birthday and this time the challenge is No Stamping.  Now in the good old days, that would be a real challenge, but these days there is so much more to this card-making hobby that it is easy to make a card without stamps.  Here's the card I made:



The brick die-cut is new-to-me from Paper Rose and I die-cut it three times adhering it together for dimension.  Some of the "bricks" fell out so I left in what remained on each layer.  This gives more of a dimensional look which you can see in the close-up photo below.




The butterfly was made from a piece of alcohol-inked Yupo in my stash and is in shades of blue and silver.  I die-cut the base from the Yupo and the top layer from silver foil cardstock.  I then hot-foiled the sentiment and die-cut it with the co-ordinating die.


Thanks for visiting.  Please head over to the challenge blog and check out the cards made by the design team and have a go yourself.


Products used:

Cardstock:  White, Silver Foil Cardstock, Yupo
Dies:  Texture 4 Brick (Paper Rose), Happy Birthday Hot Foil and Die (Waffle Flower)
Accessories:  Silver Foil, various alcohol inks

Cheers
Karren


10 comments:

Colleen said...

Karren, your card is wonderful...I LOVE that brick die and that you left some bricks in and some out. Your butterfly is so gorgeous as well. Thanks for an awesome inspiration with NO STAMPING and being our Special Guest!! Not as hard as I originally thought it would be!!

Cathy said...

Love how you've positioned that gorgeous butterfly around the sentiment and the bricks make a great backdrop, gorgeous no stamping card, Cathy x

Barbara said...

You are so right about how easy it is to make a card with dice these days. Your card is lovely and it’s proof that you certainly don’t need to stamp to make a beautiful card. Thanks for being our surprise party guess.

Linda Callahan said...

The dies are fabulous! I love the bricks! And the butterfly and foiling are gorgeous!

Dawn T said...

so beautiful Karren. Love the background of bricks and the rich colours on the butterfly.

JulieP said...

Absolutely gorgeous Karren!! I've had my eye on that brick die for awhile. Looks fabulous with you beautiful butterfly. Thanks so much for hanging out with us!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card Karren, with no stamping too. Love the beautiful butterfly perched on the brick wall die cut, and behind the pretty sentiment. Glad to have you as our guest designer.

Kim S said...

What an amazing grouping of elements! I love it all in the grays, silvers and blues!

Ashwini Rao said...

How awesome! You've really brought out the beauty of 'no stamping'!! I love everything on this card, but I must mention that the brick wall with multi-dimensions is absolutely amazing! Love the look of the butterfly as well. Thank you so much for this fantastic inspiration!!

Glenda J said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! That butterfly is so beautiful - absolutely love it. It's also so great how you left some of the bricks in the die. Your rocked the no stamping challenge!