Thursday 25 August 2022

Snowy Night

 
  Hi and welcome back!  I'm here with my card using the new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches where our hostess this week is Jen Mitchell.  

I have had Uncharted Mariner distress ink for a few weeks now and wanted to try it out, hence this dark, snowy sky on my card.



I blended three distress inks onto Bristol Smooth cardstock before cutting them into pieces to fit the sketch.  I then went around the outside edges with Chipped Sapphire ink before adding some Glitz Gitter Gel over a snow stencil.


I adhered the panels to a larger panel of Dark Indigo cardstock and then onto a square white card base.  I finished with a stacked die-cut.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the fabulous cards made by the design team!




Products used:

Ink:  Faded Jeans, Uncharted Marineer, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, Bristol Smooth, Dark Indigo (PTI)
Dies:  Merry Christmas (Karen Burniston)
Accessories:  Falling Snow Stencil (SSS), Glitz Glitter Gel (Gina K)

Cheers
Karren

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I started my day with Linda and Van Gogh's Starry Night and end with this lovely snowy night! So wonderful, Karren!
You've really showcased that blue!
=]

Jen Mitchell said...

I love this moody, snowy scene. The sentiment just pops!

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Karren. Love the simplicity of the card. The big sentiment is perfect against the dark background.

Greta said...

You created a beautiful snowy sky & I love the font of the sentiment!

Linda Callahan said...

You sing the blues beautifully....love this fabulous elegant card!