Sunday 28 August 2022

You Did It

 Hi!  I had some time yesterday to make a card for a few challenges - which doesn't happen very often!  I was inspired by the gorgeous sketch at Sunday Stamps and for a theme I decided to go with the Tic Tac Toe board and the Just Us Girls Back to School photo inspiration.  I'm also linking up to Krafty Chicks All Occasions where I went with a Congrats card.  For Tic Tac Toe, I started out with Alphabets/Letters-Embossing-Yellow but in the course of making my card, I pretty much brought in everything except gingham!




For my background, I white-embossed a Carabelle image called Notebook onto a panel of Bristol Smooth.  I then ink-blended over it with yellow inks and set it aside to dry.  Once it was dry, I die-cut it with a stitched rectangle die.  For the long vertical element in the sketch, I had the idea to use a notebook page, so I took some patterned paper and die-cut it with the Notebook Edge die before stamping the sentiment.  I also die-cut a paperclip out of silver foil cardstock and adhered that to the notebook and the background panel.  

I was in the mood to do some Copic-colouring and I always love colouring Birdie Brown images, so I pulled out Class Act and set to work.  Once coloured, I cut with my Scan n Cut and adhered to the card.  The black strip was added in keeping with the sketch and also to add some black as I'm a fan of having black somewhere on my cards.


Thanks so much for visiting!  I had so much fun making this card.  Now to carve out more time in my week for stamping for other than design team commitments 😄






Products used:

Stamps:  Class Act (MFT), Notebook (Carabelle)
Ink:  Versamark, Amalgam (Gina K), Versafine Onyx Black, Citrus Burst, Fresh Lemon (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Black, Bristol Smooth, X-Press It, Off The Grid (MFT), Silver Foil
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax, Notebook Edge (MFT), Notebook Journal Card (SugarPea Designs)
Accessories:  Copics, White Embossing Powder

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout-out at Just Us Girls, Sunday Stamps and Tic-Tac-Toe

11 comments:

Dawn T said...

A beautiful card Karren. Such a cute image.

Lisa Elton said...

This is layered in cuteness, Karren! I like the torn edge on your notebook page and the fun stubby pencils. Great used of the primary colors too. Thanks so much for adding your adorable card to the JUGs gallery!

I Card Everyone said...

I so love it when your Copics come out to play with Birdie Brown, Karren!
She's adorable and bound to be tops in her class at any and all of these challenges!
=]

Heather said...

So terrific, Karren - what a fabulous image! You have colored her perfectly, and such fun BTS layers - genius! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

dj said...

You have created a super cute back to school card with our sketch!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us over at Sunday Stamps!!

stampwithamyk said...

Oh my goodness, how cute is that?!? Perfect coloring and such fun images! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

ElizStewart said...

Karren... I love Pure Innocence. Your coloring is amazing and the layout is perfect! Great card! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

Linda Callahan said...

I just love how you create your own backgrounds - this one is gorgeous! And you copic coloring brings it all to life! Beautiful card!

Stef Perry said...

Terrific card Karren! I absolutely love all the perfect school themed details and that BB cutie is colored to perfection. So glad you had a chance to play along with at Sunday Stamps!

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Cute and adorable! Great colouring! So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
Diane - DT

Betty said...

love everything about your card, Karren - and that little girl is so adorable! thanks for joining us at TTT Challenge this week!