Monday 2 October 2023

Case Me A Christmas Card - Toys

Hi and welcome!  Today's card is part of an Instagram hop where a lot of the crafters who have joined Michelle Lupton in previous years for her Challenge and Case Me a Christmas Card series have come together for the 2023 Case Me a Christmas Card.  Michelle couldn't host the event this year so we all decided to do it for her (and special thanks to Ardyth Percy-Robb and Therese Calvird for all their work in co-ordinating).

For my card, I decided to case this card by Michelle which was from her 2019 Challenge Me a Christmas Card series,  Michelle's card is further down this post.  My card is also over on Instagram (karrenjnz).

I kept the grid pattern and background colours, but changed my images to gifts and the grid to a more regimented grid.  I stamped, coloured and die-cut the images from an old Honey Bee Stamps set and the lightly ink-blended various colours onto the square cut-outs from the grid cover plate.  I then arranged the squares and the gifts back into the grid and finished with a gold hot-foiled sentiment on black.

 






Thanks so much for visiting!  If you haven't already, head on over to Instagram and enter #casemeachristmascard2023 to see all the other fabulous cards.





Products used:

Stamps:  Toy Store Add-On (Honey Bee Stamps)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K.), Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers, Scattered Straw, Lumberjack Plaid, Spun Sugar Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It
Dies:  Toy Store Add-On (Honey Bee Stamps), Square Grid Cover Up (MFT), Holiday Sentiment Series 2 (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Copics, Gold Hot Foil

Cheers
Karren

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Once again, it's just adorable, Karren! I fondly remember that card that Michelle made!
I was really happy to be invited to join this party!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO many lovely images beautifully coloured Karen.
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

This is as cute as can be, Karren!

Linda Callahan said...

I love how you cased her card!! Your coloring is wonderful!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow! Those details are just amazing!

DorothyA said...

I love this card- so cute! Great ink blended little backgrounds and great little images. I just discovered your blog and I really like your style. As I go through your posts, I find your composition and colors are captivating.