Thursday 19 October 2023

Village Scene

 Hi!  Today's card uses the latest sketch from Freshly Made Sketches where our designer this week is Jacquie Southas.  I had great intentions of using the pinwheel set from The Greetery for my card, but it wasn't working out, so I decided to flip the sketch upside down and came up with this card.


I bought this die set last year when it was released and this is the first time I've used it.  I've come to the conclusion that I prefer die-cutting all the elements from white cardstock and adding colour - this time with Copics.  I created the various elements and arranged them on a panel of white cardstock die-cut with a snow drift die.  Once that was completed, I stamped a sentiment and then set it aside to work on the card base.


I placed a moon mask onto the card base and ink-blended various distress inks on the card.  Once that was finished I flicked on some white paint and put it aside to dry.

Once it was all dry, I added the buildings with foam tape and called it done.


Thanks so much for visiting.  Please check out how the rest of the design team used the sketch.

Products used:

Stamps:  Abstract Holiday (SSS)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky Distress Ink
Cardstock:  White
Dies:  Winter Village (Honey Bee), Infinity Circles (Hero Arts)
Accessories:  Copics, White Gloss Spray

Cheers
Karren


9 comments:

Rosanne Mulhern said...

This is such a lovely winter scene, Karren! What a good idea to flip the sketch to create this card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A gorgeous scene and I love how you coloured them all, a great take on the sketch too.
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely winter scene, Karren! It's so peaceful!

Jacquie Southas said...

This is amazing, Karren! I might have squealed with delight when I first your fabulous take on the sketch.

Dawn T said...

A stunning scene Karren. I'm absolutely gorgeous

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the way you used the sketch - that was inspired to flip it and then use the die cut buildings to 'interpret' the points! A wonderful result
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

I always imagine myself living in these wonderful village scenes! today I imagine crafting my days away tucked away in the peak of that little cottage on the right! I'm packing my supplies!
Such a wonderful card, Karren and perfect use of that Sketch from Jacquie!
=]

Jen Brum said...

This card is gorgeous Karren! That village is so realistic! I love the sweet buildings but that night sky is incredible! Great idea cutting it all from white and then colouring it! Saves a whole lot of time!

Linda Callahan said...

Gorgeous village scene! The houses are beautiful! I would love to live here! And oh that sky.....